Aulani/Pearl Harbor--what day

My suggestion is to buy tickets online for the FIRST full day of your trip. Coming from the main land, everyone in your party will be up early because of the time difference. We booked an 8:15 tour at PH, and arrived at the parking lot at 6:30 because we had nothing else to do. We were done with all tours (Arizona, Missouri, Bowfin, and museums) by about 1:00. Looking back, we were very glad we did this the first day, because it eased us into the time difference a little and gave us a good first full day experience.

Diane, I know that you have to pick up tickets an hour ahead. So if you have an 8:15 reservation, you need to pick them up by 7:15? So what do you do from 7:15 until 8:15? Is the museum open? The last time I was there our reservation wasn't until later.

Diane, I know that you have to pick up tickets an hour ahead. So if you have an 8:15 reservation, you need to pick them up by 7:15? So what do you do from 7:15 until 8:15? Is the museum open? The last time I was there our reservation wasn't until later.

Actually, I don't think the gates opened until after 7:00, so people with 8:00 am tickets couldn't pick them up an hour early. We waited in line for maybe 5-7 minutes even though we were like 20 people from the gate before it opened. Once you get your tickets, you can do parts of the museums and there is a walking tour to do as well. We got most of the museum done prior to our Arizona time, and we finished when we came back from there. We also had purchased Bowfin and Missouri tickets, so we did those after all the other stuff was finished. FYI, you need to either drive to the Missouri or take a shuttle from the main part of the park. We took the shuttle. The Missouri was well worth it, even though we had done it the previous trip too.

Actually, I don't think the gates opened until after 7:00, so people with 8:00 am tickets couldn't pick them up an hour early. We waited in line for maybe 5-7 minutes even though we were like 20 people from the gate before it opened. Once you get your tickets, you can do parts of the museums and there is a walking tour to do as well. We got most of the museum done prior to our Arizona time, and we finished when we came back from there. We also had purchased Bowfin and Missouri tickets, so we did those after all the other stuff was finished. FYI, you need to either drive to the Missouri or take a shuttle from the main part of the park. We took the shuttle. The Missouri was well worth it, even though we had done it the previous trip too.

We also had 8:15 Arizona tickets. We got most of the grounds and the first museum building done before our 8:15 start time. We finished the 2nd building and a couple things on the grounds afterwards then moved on to the Bowfin. We did audio tours for the Arizona & museums, Bowfin & musuem, and Missouri. With a stop at the Bowfin snack bar for lunch, all three tours took us from about 7:30 to 3:30. The Arizona, Bowfin and lunch took until 12:30 by themselves. To finish at 1:00 you must have been flying!

Also, had we known, we would have waited to have lunch at the cute Cafe at the Missouri vs the Bowfin snackbar.

Thank you everyone for such a helpful thread. I just booked my pearl harbor tickets for my february trip. Who would have thought you would need to reserve these 6 months in advance!

I just tried to book tickets for spring break and it says not on sale yet. How far in advance do these go on sale? I want to include the Missouri as my grandfather was on that ship and it is important to us that we go.

I just tried to book tickets for spring break and it says not on sale yet. How far in advance do these go on sale? I want to include the Missouri as my grandfather was on that ship and it is important to us that we go.

It looks like 180 days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter