Aulani Pool Closure

Mommy2Logan

Mouseketeer
We are here now. Not too much noise with the construction. The resort feels so empty in comparison to when we were here in April. The main pool is also closed at the moment since someone pooped in the pool so that sucks but oh well. Hopefully back in service later .

SusieQ93

Earning My Ears
We are here now. Not too much noise with the construction. The resort feels so empty in comparison to when we were here in April. The main pool is also closed at the moment since someone pooped in the pool so that sucks but oh well. Hopefully back in service later .
Omg, gross about the pool closure. Good to hear the construction noise isn't too bad! That's my biggest concern. We're more interested in the beach activities and rented the executive lanai for our day when we're just staying at the resort all day and I was worried the noise would really put a damper on that. Also maybe it will be less crowded! Thanks for posting something reassuring!

Boardwalkin

Mouseketeer
We are here as well and you can hear the construction noise when walking by the closed off portions and occasionally by the other pools, but it has not been an issue. Now if you were on your balcony during the day it could be an issue. I think phase 2 will be more noisy during the day. It has been really nice with a lower number of guests. There are chairs available all day long. I did confirm they are replacing the decking due to it being slippery. Both from a cast member (always reliable) and visually from above.

Attachments

Mommy2Logan

Mouseketeer
The noise seems much louder today to me than yesterday. Can hear a saw blade going most of the morning. The resort feels really empty.

thedogatemyhomework

Mouseketeer
pretty good odds that if the construction runs long on the first half, they'll start the 2nd part as scheduled anyway...if they delay starting the second half, they'll push the closures more towards xmas and new years (and not much would get done during that time frame so probably extend the closures through mid january).

that being said...this is far from the first time disney has experienced how construction goes in Hawaii so hopefully they overinflated the closure times in advance to account for it.

if not...maybe they'll have a more extensive halloween at aulani to help compensate.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates