Aulani Pool Closure

Amommy21

DIS Veteran
Anyone have any specific info/speculation on pool closure around Thanksgiving? We are thinking about going for a couple days after the holiday with family on Kona and saw they are listing some pool and spa closures for that time.

That is not a joke, it will be major renovations to the pool deck. If the pool is a major attraction to you.... do as much research as you can.

They have it posted on their webiste and you can also chat online with someone about it as well as call and go over all of the details. I believe at Thanksgiving the zero entry big pool will be closed, but the lazy river will be open. One of the slides will also be closed. The kids splash area will be open. Double check this info. Please note that you get a $50 resort credit per day and if you call, you can also request a one day free car rental to comp you for the pool refurb as well as getting a free child's airport transfer.

Refurbishment Schedule

August 19 to October 11

Open

Closed
  • Waikolohe Stream
  • Tubestone Curl Waterslide
  • Menehune Bridge
  • Waikolohe Stream Whirlpool Spa
  • Aulani Pool Parties

October 14 to December 17

Open

Closed
  • Waikolohe Pool
  • Volcanic Vertical Waterslide
  • Aulani Pool Parties
  • Rainbow Reef
  • Waikolohe Pool Whirlpool Spa
  • Both ‘Alohi Point Whirlpool Spas

They have it posted on their webiste and you can also chat online with someone about it as well as call and go over all of the details. I believe at Thanksgiving the zero entry big pool will be closed, but the lazy river will be open. One of the slides will also be closed. The kids splash area will be open. Double check this info. Please note that you get a $50 resort credit per day and if you call, you can also request a one day free car rental to comp you for the pool refurb as well as getting a free child's airport transfer.

Is the free one day car rental in addition to the daily $50 resort credit? I don't see that posted anywhere. Only see the resort credit.

I will be there during the change over dates, so I would be happy if everything was open over the Columbus day weekend.

I will be there during the change over dates, so I would be happy if everything was open over the Columbus day weekend.

That’s when we are there too 😀 I got the email today telling me about the $50 credit for each night. I’m pretty sure this will be the only time Disney gives me money LOL

That’s when we are there too 😀 I got the email today telling me about the $50 credit for each night. I’m pretty sure this will be the only time Disney gives me money LOL
I guess it's all relative compared to how much we are all handing over!! I'm sure we will all blow through that money quite quickly, well, I know we will! I have 2 nights in an ocean view and 5 nights in a garden view, so have to figure out how to get rid of the first $100 rather quickly as I'm sure they will not roll the money over.

I guess it's all relative compared to how much we are all handing over!! I'm sure we will all blow through that money quite quickly, well, I know we will! I have 2 nights in an ocean view and 5 nights in a garden view, so have to figure out how to get rid of the first $100 rather quickly as I'm sure they will not roll the money over.

I'm sure you won't have any problem! That's like two mai tais, a couple orders of coconut shrimp, one fish tacos, and a pineapple juice plus tax and tip.

This is some serious work being done. Jackhammers and some heavy equipment. Not complaining but people need to know what they are getting into.
img_20190822_133109-jpg.428335

Attachments

• IMG_20190822_133109.jpg
    IMG_20190822_133109.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 760
Yes it's pretty loud. No using the deck or even hanging in the room with doors open during working hours. Maybe off the backside.

This is some serious work being done. Jackhammers and some heavy equipment. Not complaining but people need to know what they are getting into.
img_20190822_133109-jpg.428335
Thanks for posting this photo Noah_t - it helps to see actually what is going on. We are still going to make the most of the situation and hang at the beach. We arrive just as the work is meant to be completed, but as mentioned by another, the work may be completed on "hawaiian time" - lets hope this is not the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!