Aulani Pool Closure

We are here now. Not too much noise with the construction. The resort feels so empty in comparison to when we were here in April. The main pool is also closed at the moment since someone pooped in the pool so that sucks but oh well. Hopefully back in service later .

We are here now. Not too much noise with the construction. The resort feels so empty in comparison to when we were here in April. The main pool is also closed at the moment since someone pooped in the pool so that sucks but oh well. Hopefully back in service later .
Omg, gross about the pool closure. Good to hear the construction noise isn't too bad! That's my biggest concern. We're more interested in the beach activities and rented the executive lanai for our day when we're just staying at the resort all day and I was worried the noise would really put a damper on that. Also maybe it will be less crowded! Thanks for posting something reassuring!

We are here as well and you can hear the construction noise when walking by the closed off portions and occasionally by the other pools, but it has not been an issue. Now if you were on your balcony during the day it could be an issue. I think phase 2 will be more noisy during the day. It has been really nice with a lower number of guests. There are chairs available all day long. I did confirm they are replacing the decking due to it being slippery. Both from a cast member (always reliable) and visually from above.

Attachments

• 675FDF5E-17B6-4563-8C20-EDA6C9BDACF7.jpeg
    675FDF5E-17B6-4563-8C20-EDA6C9BDACF7.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 50
The noise seems much louder today to me than yesterday. Can hear a saw blade going most of the morning. The resort feels really empty.

pretty good odds that if the construction runs long on the first half, they'll start the 2nd part as scheduled anyway...if they delay starting the second half, they'll push the closures more towards xmas and new years (and not much would get done during that time frame so probably extend the closures through mid january).

that being said...this is far from the first time disney has experienced how construction goes in Hawaii so hopefully they overinflated the closure times in advance to account for it.

if not...maybe they'll have a more extensive halloween at aulani to help compensate.

The noise seems much louder today to me than yesterday. Can hear a saw blade going most of the morning. The resort feels really empty.

Ughhh... We'll be there next Monday. Is your room on the side where the luau is? I'm wondering if the rooms on that side hear less of the construction noise. We have an island view booked. I'm surprised it's empty..... I tried booking an additional night (Sept 30th) and they didn't even have a regular hotel room available; only a one-bedroom villa for $1028.... no thanks! :scared::rotfl2:We're staying in Waikiki for one night instead.

Ughhh... We'll be there next Monday. Is your room on the side where the luau is? I'm wondering if the rooms on that side hear less of the construction noise. We have an island view booked. I'm surprised it's empty..... I tried booking an additional night (Sept 30th) and they didn't even have a regular hotel room available; only a one-bedroom villa for $1028.... no thanks! :scared::rotfl2:We're staying in Waikiki for one night instead.
Definitely less noisy on that side.

Looking at the lower pool view rooms on the Waianae tower they all looked empty. We were thinking Disney had closed these rooms as all of the balcony furniture looked set up for new arrivals and never moved. Then again we also can’t believe Disney wouldn’t sell every room they could. One of the cast members mentioned they were at 50% capacity. While it did not feel half full the crowd level was the lowest we experienced in 5 visits. We just got back from our trip and have no regrets visiting during phase 1 of construction.

How do you get the $50? Is it just credited to your room and taken off when you charge to the room?

The resort felt much more crowded yesterday (Saturday). Also I didn’t hear much or any pool construction yesterday or at least wasn’t aware of it in comparison to Friday.

Our room is on the fourth floor in the tower that the spa is in. We are right above the restaurant and we don’t hear any construction really from our room because the noise from the restaurant drowns it out, especially during the Mickey breakfast. It’s pretty loud even with the door closed.

For me personally the bigger pain due to the construction has been the longer walk to get to character meet and greets on the luau lawn. You have to walk towards the spa tower and then around the path towards the ewa tower. It’s not really that long except when you’ve got a slow walking 5 year old in tow, lol and then it seems like forever.

The rooms are not full but they have less staff on hand and since not all the pools are open they have less space.

The massage therapist told me yesterday “the spa doesn’t really experience slow times when the resort is only at 50% capacity like it is now”.

So a life guard just told us that the first half of the pool Closure will be done in December and the second half in April. I asked him if he was certain about that and he was adamant that it is not going to be completed until April. I told him several times that the website was saying it would all be done by December and he shook his head and said “no. April”.

Also, no construction on Sunday. .

Ok so I just asked another CM when the pool Reno will be done and he said December. Phew. False alarm. Disregard my previous post!!

How do you get the $50? Is it just credited to your room and taken off when you charge to the room?

Basically, yes. I would suggest reading what is posted on the Aulani.com website: https://www.disneyaulani.com/pool-refurbishment/

Also click on "learn more" as it states: Resort credit may not be redeemed for cash, refunded, transferred or applied towards room rate and will expire at 11:59 PM on departure date. Credit offer not available to those Guests booking on a Cast rate, Cast Friends and Family rate, RSR rate, Industry Courtesy rate, and Cost Recovery rates. Advance reservations required.

I have read that but it doesn't really explain how they give you the $50 resort credit. I was hoping someone had experienced it and might know.

Well the boatload of money you will inevitably spend on anything charged to the room will be slightly alleviated by a 50$/per night credit. So for my family of four, two nights got us a meal at Ama Ama. Stay for a week and you might earn enough credit for a couples massage. As a side note those heated massage tables were almost worth the 440$ for the 50 minutes couples massage.

They give you the $50 resort credit as a credit to whatever you charge to your room. So, if you order some coconut shrimp at the pool and a few mai Tais and then go to the character breakfast or luau or use the spa, the deduct $50 from purchases/services charged to your room for each day you are there. We were there four nights. We had four separate $50 credits on our bill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter