Aulani Premium Activities at Aunty's

DixieDelights

Mouseketeer
I read the descriptions of the two premium activities but am having a hard time deciding if my 7 and 10 year old boys would really enjoy. Anyone have boys of this age do either activity? Also, how far in advance do you book them?

My kids did surfs up with chip and dale. They are much younger but enjoyed it. There was a girl about ten there who looked miserable though. I think for this one, 8ish is the upper age range. Most of the kids looked in the 4-7 range when I picked up. But who knows, maybe that was just that night. Fish are friends sounds better suited for older kids to me.

I booked about 3 months ahead. Neither activity was listed in the Daily Iwa, so I'm guessing they were full.

My 7 year old son participated in both of them, and he really enjoyed them. We went during low season, so we did not have any problems with having to book far ahead. But, if you are traveling during a busy time, it might be different. One of the activities was scheduled at exactly the right time that we could have that we could schedule a sunset dinner at Ama Ama. I think it was the Chip and Dale one at the time we visited.

My daughter did the fish are friends program. She just turned 11. There was only one other girl her age in the program, and the rest of the kids were 6 or younger (guessing). They split my daughter and the only other girl near her age into different groups. She was miserable on that experience, which was surprising as she loved every other program that she did there.

Thank y'all so much for your replies. I will think about my 7 year old. I won't send the 10 year old. Very helpful info!!

My daughter did the fish are friends program. She just turned 11. There was only one other girl her age in the program, and the rest of the kids were 6 or younger (guessing). They split my daughter and the only other girl near her age into different groups. She was miserable on that experience, which was surprising as she loved every other program that she did there.

This is what I'm afraid of. My daughters will be 8.5 and almost 11 when we go. I would have thought they'd group the kids in the programs by age, not split up the two who were older than the rest. Maybe the counselors thought the two older girls could "help" with the younger kids, so they put one in each group? I'd be very mad if that were the case. I think we may just do better with the sitter service. It's a 4 hour minimum, $35/hour for 2 kids. So 4 hours is $140. Paying for them both to go to one of these, for 3 hours, would be $160. We just want to go to Monkeypod and I think the sitter might be better. Thanks all for the input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter