Aulani Room Recommendations

KevCoz

Earning My Ears
Hi all. I'm looking for room recommendations for Aulani. For a family party of 3 adults, do you think the hotel room, studio, or 1-bedroom Villa would be best? We have enough points for any of them. I'd love to hear your thoughts, recomendations, etc. Thanks! :)

Is the family party 2 adults (couple) and an adult child? If you want two actual beds, the hotel room would be the way to go but it does not have a full kitchenette like the studio. Also the hotel room is only standard view, not sure if you're looking for a better view!

If you want more privacy, then the 1-bedroom is a good choice, but then someone is sleeping on a sofa bed. It's also a good choice if you want to do some meals in the room.

Yes, keaster, it is an adult couple and an adult child. We'd like at least a bit of a view. So although the hotel room has 2 real beds, if the view is just standard, we will probably choose either the studio or 1-bedroom.

If Aulani is not your home resort, don’t get your hopes up on the hotel room being available...there are very few and availability is tough

If Aulani is not your home resort, don’t get your hopes up on the hotel room being available...there are very few and availability is tough
It is my home resort. Right now they're all available for the dates we're looking at.

If you have the points, go for the 1 bedroom! SO much more room and your adult child could sleep on the pull down bed if they didn't want the sofa bed. I have had an over 6 foot tall male family member sleep on one of the pull down beds for a night and they did not complain at all. And believe me, they would have if it were not comfortable! :D

If the points aren't an issue, then without a doubt the 1 bedroom. Although you won' be spending a ton of time in the room, it'll still be nice to have that extra room! A studio at Aulani would be tight with 3 adults. Although if the difference is an Ocean View Studio vs a Standard view 1 bedroom, I may be more likely to suck up the smaller space and get the ocean view. We've been 3 times and each time we had a top floor, ocean view studio. It was amazing!

Last edited:
If the points aren't an issue, then without a doubt the 1 bedroom. Although you won' be spending a ton of time in the room, it'll still be nice to have that extra room! A studio at Aulani would be tight with 3 adults. Although if the difference is an Ocean View Studio vs a Standard view 1 bedroom, I may be more likely to suck up the smaller space and get the ocean view. We've been 3 times and each time we had a top floor, ocean view studio. It was amazing!
Thanks so much for your reply. We’re leaning toward the ocean view studio. If we do the 1 bedroom, it would be the island view.

Thanks so much for your reply. We’re leaning toward the ocean view studio. If we do the 1 bedroom, it would be the island view.

Bear in mind that some of the Island View rooms have at least a partial view of the ocean. For example, virtually all of the units in the Ewa long wing facing away from the pool (on the outside of the "U") are Island View rooms, all the way to the top (16th) floor, and folks in Island View units have reported having a pretty good view of the ocean from these rooms, so you might think about requesting a "1BR Island View highest floor possible with room # xx77, xx71 or xx83" which are all 1BR units.

The only potential wrinkle is that rumors continue to circulate that construction will begin some time this year on the Atlantis resort next door to Aulani (opposite side from Four Seasons) and that could mean the Island View rooms facing the vacant property next door could become 'construction view' at some point.

We are in a 2 bedroom so this hold true for a 2 bedroom? in the Ewa long wing?

We are in a 2 bedroom so this hold true for a 2 bedroom? in the Ewa long wing?
Yes, go to the first post on this Forum (Aulani Villas & Views -- Updated 03/21/2017) and look at the charts on the first page. You'll see that virtually all of the units facing away from the pool in the Phase 3 Ewa Long Wing are Island View rooms. Many of these units on the higher floors will have at least a partial view of the ocean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter