Aulani spa and sales

nicky89

Earning My Ears
What’s your experience with the spa at Aulani and the pressure sales? Looking to maybe do a massage. How bad are the pressure sales? On DCL we were really bummed that that they kind of forced it at the end and ruined the relaxing vibe of the service even after being told not interested at the beginning. If it’s the same at Aulani we just won’t bother because we find it ruins the experience.

We did the full couples package on our last trip.
No sales pitch for products at all. We were very shocked
In fact, we had to go out of our way to pay for the treatment at the end. Normally they said they would just auto charge to your room.
The spa is very chilled and least members were so “don’t worry about it” type of feeling.

We did take a look at the products at the reception area. However, cast member said don’t buy anything now. Come back another time to have a look and buy.

We are spa people and have done a lot of spas over the years.
Aulani was hands down the best spa experience we ever had.

Tip: you can order food to the outdoor hydro garden. Just ask for a food menu
So don’t feel like you can’t stick around after your treatment if your hungry.
Do keep in mind once you leave the spa you can not renter the outdoor hydro garden.

Agree with PP - of all the high end spas I've been to, Aulani was our best experience. We also did not receive any sales pitch, and wouldn't have even known about the products had I not glanced at them while we were waiting to check out.

I will say, however, that the products they sell are the same they have in the locker rooms and they smell amazing! We saw a Spa Rep with a table set up in the lobby one day and I still regret not buying a lotion to bring home!

Love the Aulani spa experience!!! Can't recall any high pressure (or even low pressure) sales pitch there.

This is a spa not to be missed! Allow plenty of time for all of the various pools and experiences. It's top notch!

I think I heard that Disney owns the Spa at Aulani vs the ones on the cruise ship who are owned by other companies.

Tip: you can order food to the outdoor hydro garden. Just ask for a food menu
So don’t feel like you can’t stick around after your treatment if your hungry.

That's interesting to know, thanks for that tip! What kind of food is available on that menu and how were the prices?

So glad to see this forum, we are going to Aulani in the fall and I was debating spa or no spa. I was not looking forward to receiving a sells pitch but from your experiences I think we will put a spa day on our itinerary.

Good to see that the spa doesn't have a hard sales pitch at the end of your treatments. I've been considering booking massages for my family and seeing these recommendations is pushing me towards booking.

I agree with all above posters, no sales pitch, and most beautiful, amazing, relaxing spa I have ever been too. Definitely plan to show up at least one hour before your treatment and stay afterwards. So worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter