Aulani thoughts

Goaliemom30

Mouseketeer
Sitting on the beach enjoying the last rays at Aulani before we leave at 7 pm tonight. Here are my observations. This is a beautiful resort! Things are pricey! Renting a car is spending money to save money. The car allowed us to go to Costco and Target and buy food and alcohol. A huge bottle of rum for $21.47 vs. One cocktail poolside for $13.50. Met lots of people here who didn't do that and they are sad folks. That being said- you can no longer store food if your room is not ready. They converted the cooler last month into more luggage space. The car also allowed us to tour at our own pace. We have never been to Hawaii, so touring Oahu was important to us. It also got us to experience better and cheaper restaurants away from Aulani. We splurged on the Executive Lanai and it was worth it. Beautiful setting, our own place, water and the best fruit ever! I just wish it had an awning- it was brutally hot and we had visitors all day trying to escape the hot stairs. Laniweii was worth ever penny. It was beautiful and the best spa I have ever been in. A true escape from kids and the hectic pool area. I am glad we went now before Atlantis is built. The lagoons at Ko Olina are like having a pool with a beach. It is going to be a lot more crowded though once Atlantis is built. Ask if you have questions! :sunny: Aloha!

We are staying fofthe 3rd time next month and agree to get a rental car. It sure does save money on food and drinks, plus being able to go explore the island. Actually we have only ordered once from the quick service at the pool (salads) and while good, we could have made it for less than 1/2 the price in our villa, but that day I just needed a break. We have never gone to their restaurants, either, after looking at the menu and prices we just decided no. Less than a month to go now and we can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter