Aulani Villas & Views -- Updated 03/21/2017

Bad picture, sorry, of the view from Disney’s Aulani Villas Studio with Island Gardens View number 1465. That is the little wing sticking out of the Ewa Tower. We were pleasantly surprised by the size and comfort of the room.
upload_2018-8-22_7-29-22.jpeg

I've been picking thru this thread, but figured I'd ask the question and see if I get scolded... we have booked a 1 BR ocean view villa for our 15th anniversary. What's the short and sweet thing I need to ask DVC for to see if we can hopefully get the best room available? 7th floor or higher, EWA building, etc? Many thanks!

We booked a Deluxe Studio with a Poolside Gardens View for a week in March 2019. It sounds like the Pool views are on the lower floors, but there are no Island Gardens views studios currently available. Unsure if it's worth paying for the Ocean View. Is that worth the higher rate? If we stay in the Pool view, what are your suggestions on the best room requests to make?

We booked a Deluxe Studio with a Poolside Gardens View for a week in March 2019. It sounds like the Pool views are on the lower floors, but there are no Island Gardens views studios currently available. Unsure if it's worth paying for the Ocean View. Is that worth the higher rate? If we stay in the Pool view, what are your suggestions on the best room requests to make?

Request a high floor.

I wouldn't go for an oceanview, some oceanviews don't even directly face the pool/lagoons and are high floors overlooking the Marriott. I'm not a fan of those OV rooms.

We now have a change of plans. Decided to upgrade and get a one-bedroom villa since the discount is still available. All that was left was Ocean View, so that's what we're doing. Any suggestions on the best request to make?

We now have a change of plans. Decided to upgrade and get a one-bedroom villa since the discount is still available. All that was left was Ocean View, so that's what we're doing. Any suggestions on the best request to make?
Sounds awesome! At minimum, ask for a view of the pool. That ensures you get a "true" oceanview. That gets you something like 1478 on page 1 here, for reference.

If you want another suggestion, I'd suggest Ewa building as well. That ensures you look towards the JW Marriott, the pool, ocean, all with a view of the ocean.

Hi All,
Glad I found this amazing thread. Reading all of this it appears that you can make very specific “requests” ( of course understanding it is a request).
My wife and I are coming to Aulani for the first time this March/April using points (DVC Members since 93) to have an early celebration of our 40th wedding anniversary (our honeymoon was to the islands) we are the quiet type (retired, sleep late etc.) so I requested a high floor furthest from the elevators for more peace, we’ll as much as you can have at anything Disney ;-)

Now I am thinking I should request top floor even numbers to have a ocean view with pool view but trying to figure out which building will also give us the best sunset view.

If anyone has any input or help we would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Island view 1 bdrm room 377
7A9C17EA-0FE7-456F-8C87-C623C0F73998.jpeg 491DC4A5-53BA-4BA0-94F0-CE2B3A981FD9.jpeg View from our 1 bedroom island view room 377. Great view of lulua from bedroom lanai. Tree was blocking living room view. I don’t like heights so request a room fifth floor or below.

We have an obstructed view of the luau from our room, a studio, 785, but we can hear it just fine. We also weren't expecting to see the ocean from our room, but we can, which is great!

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20190219-192032.jpg
    VideoCapture_20190219-192032.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 59
  • VideoCapture_20190219-193355.jpg
    VideoCapture_20190219-193355.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 68
We just returned from room 1675, a 2 bedroom island view villa. We LOVED the view. I requested the highest floor possible, not above the parking garage (if possible) Was thrilled! Aloha!

Attachments

• IMG_9356(1).JPG
    IMG_9356(1).JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_9356(1).JPG
    IMG_9356(1).JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_9352(1).JPG
    IMG_9352(1).JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 105
We just returned from room 1675, a 2 bedroom island view villa. We LOVED the view. I requested the highest floor possible, not above the parking garage (if possible) Was thrilled! Aloha!

Beautiful view! This is the best possible I think with an island garden view. On a side note - villas are not located above the parking garage so you would have been fine. However, if you were in the Waianae tower instead of the Ewa tower with an island garden view, you would have overlooked the gardens by the Lani Wai spa.

Beautiful view! This is the best possible I think with an island garden view. On a side note - villas are not located above the parking garage so you would have been fine. However, if you were in the Waianae tower instead of the Ewa tower with an island garden view, you would have overlooked the gardens by the Lani Wai spa.
Thanks! I was so excited when we saw it! When we were at the spa, we all agreed that it could be really awkward to be in one of the lower level rooms overlooking the spa.

Request a high floor.

I wouldn't go for an oceanview, some oceanviews don't even directly face the pool/lagoons and are high floors overlooking the Marriott. I'm not a fan of those OV rooms.

The only deluxe studios available are ocean view. could you please help me with a room request for an ocean view? I would appreciate it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!