Aulani Villas & Views -- Updated 03/21/2017

Room views from Ewa Tower 950. 2 bedroom ocean view villa.

I had requested a high floor, ending xx50 about two weeks prior to arrival through member services. I did get the xx50 room, just not as high as I'd hoped for. I ended up really liking the view. My husband and I went up to the 16th floor, and while the view of the beach was much better, I didn't necessarily like that I could see the roof of the Waianae tower. The buildings felt a little more spectacular when I could look up and see them looming over me.

I also enjoyed that we had kind of a nice view of "everything." We could see the ocean, much of the pool area, the koi pond below and the island and golf course if we looked off to the right.

Our first night, the local musicians started playing music directly below our room at the Olelo Room and I thought "oh boy, this could get annoying." But by the end of the week, I was so depressed knowing that I wouldn't have beautiful Hawaiian music playing during sunset as soon as I was home. That said, the music was LOUD. I could easily hear it in the bathroom with all the doors closed. It played until 9:30 every night and since we're midwesterners with a 5 hour time difference, the music was always playing when I went to bed. I was always so exhausted, I never had a problem falling asleep.

Speaking of doors, really my only complaint about the villa were the doors to the bathrooms and second bedroom. They were all louvered! I feel like bathrooms should have solid doors for obvious reasons, but I also had to sneak around like a ninja every morning while I got up and made coffee because sounds from the kitchen were very easily heard in the second bedroom. The louvered doors also allow light into the room, so I was guiding myself around the villa every morning with the flashlight from my phone, trying to avoid waking my kids. The bedroom door to the main bedroom (with one king bed) is solid. I don't know why the one to the second room isn't.

We are DVC and I thought we'd be getting trash and towel service on day 4, but they actually did a full cleaning on day 3 and came several times to empty the trash over the course of the week.

Overall, I really enjoyed this room. I loved having one long balcony. The location in the Ewa Tower is really nice if you have kids. It's a short jaunt to Aunty's. You don't feel a million miles from the elevator, but you're at the end of the hallway, so you have virtually no traffic outside the room, except for the neighbors directly across the way.

IMG_6189 (2).jpg IMG_6190 (2).jpg IMG_6191 (2).jpg IMG_6192 (2).jpg 969EBCCC-221B-41AA-8EA9-6A018ACA2EDA.jpeg

So we are going to Aulani in May 2019 have a 2 bedroom dedicated reserved. So I want to put in a request for rooms, so after reading these post I came up with
First choice High Floor with room number ending in 50
Second choice High Floor with room number ending in 60
Third choice high room with room number ending in 74

Suggestion as to the request?

I just got back! It was amazing. We had a Pool View Studio, Room 554. We requested highest available floor (at 11 months out) and got our request.

The Ewa Tower photo location for characters was directly below our room, and you could also see which character was taking photos at the Koi Pond location.

2418jr4.jpg

We are going in June. We have a 2 bedroom Island/Garden view. From reading everything here, it looks like I should request Ewa building and a high floor if possible. Am I correct with my thinking?

We just got back last week. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. We requested highest floor with room ending in 52 or 58, 2nd choice ending 70, 76 or 82. We were looking to see the sunset from our balcony. We were in room 1552.

This is from our balcony looking at the Waianae Tower
DC9D4BD3-6072-4A27-B386-8271CB6A426E.jpeg

Balcony looking towards Island
22780280-D0D1-43A7-90D8-B2A8C88D5733.jpeg

Balcony looking down at pools
D3FB455B-66C4-47B5-B3DA-52B520CBC651.jpeg

Balcony looking at Ocean View
16D1E3DC-9267-482A-BD3F-F2710530868B.jpeg [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

It was my wife and I celebrating our anniversary so we spent our lying around the pool in the adult area. Never had an issue getting lounge chairs. The rest of the areas “oh my” good luck. We could see people claiming areas at 7am. Once when I was getting my wristband the guy in front of me was alone and asked for 13 towels and got them. He was going to claim 13 seats for his family, I can see a lot of frustrated families looking for just an open seat. The resort was FULL but we never felt the lazy river or slides were over crowded. The pizza, Mexican and breakfast restraints across the street (5-7 minute walk) were all very good and a nice break from the Disney food (we were there for a week). We did drive to the north shore one day and Waikiki another just because we have not been in about 15 years, nothing spectacular. We did miss the sunset because this time of year it sets more north so when it set on the water it was blocked by the end of the Waianae tower and The Four Seasons, but really not a big deal since we were not in the room anyhow and our room location was the last 1br. Ocean view on that hall from the elevators so the room was peaceful, especially for a Disney Resort full of kids. Most everyone was respectful of each other and the cast members were excellent. 5 stars in our book.

We are going in June. We have a 2 bedroom Island/Garden view. From reading everything here, it looks like I should request Ewa building and a high floor if possible. Am I correct with my thinking?
Hard to answer that question unless we know what is important to you. Why do you think Ewa and high floor are important?

FWIW, I do like the higher floors because I like to see things without my view being blocked by trees. We also prefer the Waianae tower simply because its closer to the adult pool. I agree that that's a pretty minor difference though.

Hard to answer that question unless we know what is important to you. Why do you think Ewa and high floor are important?

FWIW, I do like the higher floors because I like to see things without my view being blocked by trees. We also prefer the Waianae tower simply because its closer to the adult pool. I agree that that's a pretty minor difference though.
I like the higher floor for a better view. We stayed in the EWA building a few years ago and enjoyed the location (but I had an oceanview room then). There will be 6 of us, 4 adults and 2 children 7 & 11. So being close to all of the pools will be important. This will be the first trip for my son and his family and I just would like to make certain that we have a nice view.

Helenk the Ewa (Phase 1) high floor seems like it would have the best straight on island view with no obstructions, but also would be overLooking the main resort road if that matters. The elevators drop you off on the ground floor which empties out into the pool area. BTW I wish I was in Disneyworld also.

So we are going to Aulani in May 2019 have a 2 bedroom dedicated reserved. So I want to put in a request for rooms, so after reading these post I came up with
First choice High Floor with room number ending in 50
Second choice High Floor with room number ending in 60
Third choice high room with room number ending in 74

Suggestion as to the request?

We will also be there in May... we have a two bedroom dedicated....
our requests
Ewa Tower ( NOT Short Wing )
10th floor or above,
Choice 1 ending in '80
Choice 2 ending in '74
Choice 3 ending in '50 ( this suite has a single balcony for the entire suite, the others suites have two balconies, one for the master bedroom, and one for the rest )

enjoy your trip! we are getting very anxious to go!

Hi all, after reading through this lengthy thread, I did not see an answer to my specific situation. I'm booked into a 1-BR ocean view villa via Disney's website (hotel), not DVC. Does that make any difference - as in, does it get higher priority or lower priority with the most desirable rooms?

I see that it's recommended to request the highest possible floor. Any other tips? It seems as though many do not actually recommend booking an ocean view! Wish I had seen that before finalizing my booking, would have saved a bunch of $$. My thought was that I'm going to Hawaii, I want to wake up and see the Pacific from my balcony! Is it just that the DVC points cost is such a higher increment that most would rather stay longer than have a nicer view?

Thanks!

We had room 1182, a 1BR DVC Ocean View in Ewa. It had a good view of the Ocean, the courtyard, and the mountains. Posting some photos of the natural views, you can "improve" your view by standing up, but I wanted to show you what you see from the bedroom, living room, or sitting on one of the balconies.

About the only downside of rooms as far down as 1182 or further is that everything is a hike. You have to walk to far end of building (toward lobby) for elevator, then back to the opposite end (beach side) to your room. No big deal, but you should know that going in if walking is an issue.

Just your average, ordinary view... :-)
IMG_3141.JPEG

Sunset over 4 Seasons. You'd need to be further out than xx82 to see the sunset fully from the room, at least in May.
IMG_2644.JPEG

Typical view into the mountains. Not too shabby.
IMG_2645.JPEG

Same view, but with the lights on
IMG_2017.JPEG

Beach view at night
IMG_2274.JPEG

Beach view VERY late at night
IMG_2912.JPEG

Attachments

• IMG_2015.JPEG
    IMG_2015.JPEG
    138.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2643.JPEG
    IMG_2643.JPEG
    124.3 KB · Views: 10
We had room 1182, a 1BR DVC Ocean View in Ewa. It had a good view of the Ocean, the courtyard, and the mountains. Posting some photos of the natural views, you can "improve" your view by standing up, but I wanted to show you what you see from the bedroom, living room, or sitting on one of the balconies.

About the only downside of rooms as far down as 1182 or further is that everything is a hike. You have to walk to far end of building (toward lobby) for elevator, then back to the opposite end (beach side) to your room. No big deal, but you should know that going in if walking is an issue.

Just your average, ordinary view... :-)
View attachment 401745

Sunset over 4 Seasons. You'd need to be further out than xx82 to see the sunset fully from the room, at least in May.
View attachment 401738

Typical view into the mountains. Not too shabby.
View attachment 401739

Same view, but with the lights on
View attachment 401735

Beach view at night
View attachment 401736

Beach view VERY late at night
View attachment 401743
Thanks for these beautiful pictures. Looks like a pretty good location despite the walk from the elevator. I can hardly wait for our next visit to Aulani.

We just booked a DVC Studio Island Gardens view room. This trip is to celebrate our wedding anniversary and a lot of the times at Disney we get lucky with getting bumped a nicer room. Is that something that usually happens when you book with points or no?

We just booked a DVC Studio Island Gardens view room. This trip is to celebrate our wedding anniversary and a lot of the times at Disney we get lucky with getting bumped a nicer room. Is that something that usually happens when you book with points or no?
No, upgrades almost never happen when booking with points

We did that luau a few weeks ago. It was very good!

Wife and I sat in the front 2 seats in the table just to the right of the aisle by the stage. It was amazing. ;-)

Wife and I sat in the front 2 seats in the table just to the right of the aisle by the stage. It was amazing. ;-)
Interesting, we were the front 2 seats on the left of the aisle when we attended. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!