Aulani Villas & Views -- Updated 03/21/2017

This was my view from 1173
How did you word your room request? I see it was an Island View studio, which is what our room will be. I think this is an ideal view for the room category, don't you think? I haven't made my room request yet (for May) but want to soonish.

Heading there in March. Standard delux studio.

what should I request. Highest floor Ewa? Any specific room numbers?

We stayed in a DVC hotel room-standard. We knew there are just a few of these rooms and that they overlooked the garage. True-but we were pleasantly surprised with the view. You can see the garage a little bit thru the trees and there is a walkway to the entry doors beneath us, but it was still quiet and not as bad as I expected. If you are going to sit on the balcony and want an ocean or pool view, this isn't for you. If you are like us and spend most of your time outside of the room, it is perfectly fine. This was room 545, Waianae building.

Attachments

• IMG_1348.jpeg
    IMG_1348.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_5076.jpeg
    IMG_5076.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_9691.jpeg
    IMG_9691.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

I'm confused by this description. I don't believe DVC has a category called hotel room-standard. Were you in a DVC studio?
At Aulani there are only 8 DVC hotel rooms. Different than the studios with two queen beds but no kitchenette. Pretty difficult to book category, slightly lower points than the studios at Aulani.

At Aulani there are only 8 DVC hotel rooms. Different than the studios with two queen beds but no kitchenette. Pretty difficult to book category, slightly lower points than the studios at Aulani.
Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't aware there was such a DVC option there.

I love this thread, but it makes me sad, too. A year ago, we were all but packed and ready for our trip!
This year... I'm going to have to get creative and throw a Luau in our backyard, I guess?

Yes, it was a hotel room, 2 queens. We rented points for it at 11 months out to get it. Its just DH and I, and we don't cook on vacation, so it was just right for us. When I was looking at this category I couldn't find any pictures of the view, so I was a little worried. It turned out fine and I thought I would share in case anyone else is wondering about it.

We stayed in Deluxe Ocean View Studio number 656 from June 29, 2019 through July 8. The room shows ware. We had to pull the stoppers from the drains in the shower and bathroom sink in order to get the drains to work. The room could have been cleaner. Carpets at Aulani are in need of cleaning. This room is near the elevator. In my opinion, this room should not be considered an Ocean View room. It would be better classified as pool view. At one time it may have been a good ocean view room, however, the plants at Aulani have grown so high that the view is obstructed. If you were one floor up you would have an unobstructed ocean view. Posted below is a picture taken from the balcony at eye level (I am 5 foot 11 inches). As a comparison, we also had a deluxe studio Garden Island view room for our daughters and they had a much better ocean view. Photo attached for comparison. If you are looking for a pool view this is a good room. However, if the ocean is your thing then avoid this room. Disney are you listening? Either trim the plants or reclassify this room. This room does not provide the unobstructed ocean view you would get from being just one floor higher.

Is the a Deluxe Studio Ocean View?
View attachment 417415

Compare the view from a Deluxe Island Garden View Room

View attachment 417417

That certainly does seem unfair with regard to the ocean.

Side question: I wonder if you were able to get an Olelo room music experience from the balcony at night. If so, could you see the performers from the balcony?

So trying to stay positive during this time of covid so I am starting to plan my 50th bday trip ( Sept 2021). We will be traveling with our good friends so it will be two adult couples. We are dvc so we know we want a 2 bedroom. Do not feel strongly on dedicated or not, almost thinking it may give the 2nd couple more room if we do a non dedicated ,but would love some input. Also not sure which tower we should be in. We will spend most of our time at the adult pool. Dont mind a partial ocean view. Was wondering what some of you would do. Thanks ahead

Do not feel strongly on dedicated or not, almost thinking it may give the 2nd couple more room if we do a non dedicated ,but would love some input.
A lock-off would give you two cooking facilities. The studio part has its own small food area with a microwave, coffee pot and toaster. Also, there will be a separate thermostat if there is a difference in preferred interior temperature.
Also not sure which tower we should be in. We will spend most of our time at the adult pool.
The Wianae tower is closer to the adult pool.

So trying to stay positive during this time of covid so I am starting to plan my 50th bday trip ( Sept 2021). We will be traveling with our good friends so it will be two adult couples. We are dvc so we know we want a 2 bedroom. Do not feel strongly on dedicated or not, almost thinking it may give the 2nd couple more room if we do a non dedicated ,but would love some input. Also not sure which tower we should be in. We will spend most of our time at the adult pool. Dont mind a partial ocean view. Was wondering what some of you would do. Thanks ahead

One thing to consider is that I believe that the 2 bedroom dedicated has a solid door to master king bedroom but a slatted door to the second 2 queen bedroom. The 2 bedroom lock-off has a slatted door to the master king bedroom (and obviously a double solid lock-off door to the studio/2nd bedroom that has one queen and one pull-out). The slatted doors have no noise barrier for privacy.

One thing to consider is that I believe that the 2 bedroom dedicated has a solid door to master king bedroom but a slatted door to the second 2 queen bedroom. The 2 bedroom lock-off has a slatted door to the master king bedroom (and obviously a double solid lock-off door to the studio/2nd bedroom that has one queen and one pull-out). The slatted doors have no noise barrier for privacy.
This may be true for some, though for what it’s worth our dedicated 2 BR (rm 1660, back of Ewa) did have full doors to both bedrooms.

Question- after making your request over the phone, is it ok to check-in online? Just want to make sure that won't override/erase any notes made previously. Thanks!

Question- after making your request over the phone, is it ok to check-in online? Just want to make sure that won't override/erase any notes made previously. Thanks!
That’s a very good question bc I’ve read conflicting anecdotal stories.

In general, my understanding is yes it’s okay. Aulani’s online check in allows you to check in at the wooden podium at the driveway, as opposed to just inside on the right. The podium will have your cards pre-made etc.

If you are worried, go ahead and check in online 10 days or whenever before, then call the Aulani front desk (use the local number) a day later and nicely ask if they can still see your requests. I did this and they could.

Add a little “Mahalo Nui” to it since Mainland neuroses is something they deal with, but are happy not to share.

You can check in online but then you will have to go to the online check in desk to show your QR code if you are arriving from the mainland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts