Aulani Visit Still Showing on My Aulani

foodiddiedoo

DIS Veteran
I was supposed to go to Aulani on April 18th. As we all know Aulani is closed until further notice. My trip is still showing as active in their My Aulani portal and will even let me do the online check in. When were other peoples reservations actually canceled? I'm curious since I rented DVC points so I have 0 control over cancelling and being able to get a refund. It seems odd that my reservation hasn't been officially canceled yet.

Did you rent through a company? If so I would contact them. Your refund shouldn’t rely on the reservation being cancelled, that is their problem not yours since aulani is closed clearly all reservations are cancelled

1. Check in online. Print a copy. Laminate it.
2. Stuff laminated copy into your shirt and show to gate staff as you walk in. Claim your winnings. Enjoy.*
*Everything is all you can eat after fishing in the ocean for it yourself, but you’ll be fine. Worst case scenario you lose a couple of pounds before you check out.

Did you rent through a company? If so I would contact them. Your refund shouldn’t rely on the reservation being cancelled, that is their problem not yours since aulani is closed clearly all reservations are cancelled
Yes David's and there are a lot of very long threads about David's just sending blanket emails about how they will eventually contact you with information about a credit. Many people seem to think they are going to go out of business before people will get to use their credits.

Yes David's and there are a lot of very long threads about David's just sending blanket emails about how they will eventually contact you with information about a credit. Many people seem to think they are going to go out of business before people will get to use their credits.

I suppose they are waiting for their money back from the DVC owners. Although I am not sure what the schedule of payment is to the owners. I can't imagine an owner not sending them their money back as they still have their points and can still rent them out. Unless the money is already spent I guess

I suppose they are waiting for their money back from the DVC owners. Although I am not sure what the schedule of payment is to the owners. I can't imagine an owner not sending them their money back as they still have their points and can still rent them out. Unless the money is already spent I guess
Yeah I can't honestly expect an owner to repay the 70% that they were already paid when I booked in September last year. That could put a financial hardship on someone. I'll be patient, but it's not looking promising.

Yeah I can't honestly expect an owner to repay the 70% that they were already paid when I booked in September last year. That could put a financial hardship on someone. I'll be patient, but it's not looking promising.

I suppose if the money is already spent however 1) most DVC owners do have more money than average folk I would think because DVC ownership is a very expensive luxury item and 2) they have their points back so they can rent them out again

I suppose if the money is already spent however 1) most DVC owners do have more money than average folk I would think because DVC ownership is a very expensive luxury item and 2) they have their points back so they can rent them out again
The problem is that DVC (as of now) has kept point banking rules in place. So if an owner gets points back that were use or lose, or their use year is in the near future, they may get points back that are of zero value to them because they now cannot be used. So they would be out the points AND the rental money. Owners in this position are in just as bad of a position as a renter would be, who would also be out the rental money. From my understanding, the brokers are taking the position that the rental contract is voidable because the reservation cannot be fulfilled (i.e. consideration element is no longer met). But I'm not sure how their contracts are written or what the owners' response is to this. I can definitely see litigation resulting over this, for those who find it worthwhile. Might be something the owners will need to take up with DVC.

Also, the idea the DVC owners are wealthier than the average person is a misconception. There are MANY DVC owners finance their contracts and take on additional debt for it. Just because a person can afford the payment doesn't mean they are financially well off.

If they did not refund the amount. Then they could be held liable and a lien could possible be placed. Most are getting a stimulus.

If they did not refund the amount. Then they could be held liable and a lien could possible be placed. Most are getting a stimulus.

lien? Good luck with that. Plenty of threads showing issues with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!