Aulani

ddhoeg

Mouseketeer
Hi All,
We are back from a 7 night ocean view 2 bedroom and 1 ocean studio studio at AuLani. We had such a wonderful time! We had a group of 7 and there was something for everyone. However, we were disappointed to smell marijuana on our balcony for 4 straight days, morning through evening. We called security with no resolution. Good grief! I wasn’t expecting that at Aulani! Also so many kids in the pools and hot tubs with no adult supervision!!! This really impacted our day to day of our trip. Kids everywhere splashing, yelling, pushing, etc. without any consideration for others. It was too much. Overall a great trip but much room for improvement for AuLani.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the adult pool was converted to a regular use / all guest pool. It was in the back and quiet, by the bar, near the spa. When we went in December 2017, adult pool. December 2020, no longer adult pool.

Hi All,
We are back from a 7 night ocean view 2 bedroom and 1 ocean studio studio at AuLani. We had such a wonderful time! We had a group of 7 and there was something for everyone. However, we were disappointed to smell marijuana on our balcony for 4 straight days, morning through evening. We called security with no resolution. Good grief! I wasn’t expecting that at Aulani! Also so many kids in the pools and hot tubs with no adult supervision!!! This really impacted our day to day of our trip. Kids everywhere splashing, yelling, pushing, etc. without any consideration for others. It was too much. Overall a great trip but much room for improvement for AuLani.

This is sad to hear. I could care less if people smoked but I wouldn’t want it blowing on my balcony 24/7. Hopefully the next trip is not like this one!

Quick question, we have a 10 night reservation. I read they would do a light tidying on the 4th and 8th night. Are they not doing towles and trash every day? Additionally, I had seen a video where the host said she was DVC so they wouldn’t be replacing her soap/shampoo etc. Is this not the same as DW resorts? We generally call or stop by the desk when we need more and they’ve always been more than happy to provide whatever we needed. Thank you in advance.

Thanks for the report! We are planning a 7 day trip to Aulani next year for my daughter's HS graduation, so I am always happy to read Aulani trip reports. Question: what was the age range of people in your group? It sounds like you didn't have little ones.

Quick question, we have a 10 night reservation. I read they would do a light tidying on the 4th and 8th night. Are they not doing towles and trash every day? Additionally, I had seen a video where the host said she was DVC so they wouldn’t be replacing her soap/shampoo etc. Is this not the same as DW resorts? We generally call or stop by the desk when we need more and they’ve always been more than happy to provide whatever we needed. Thank you in advance.
That is the DVC timeline for cleaning and that is what we received, full clean day 4, a tidy on day 8 and full clean on day 12. For cash stays they bring towels and amenities every other day and wipe the bathroom counter if you have it cleaned off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter