Aunty's Free Activities Registration

twodogs

DIS Veteran
We are traveling to Aulani for the first time in late May. I have been reading all I can on these boards about the process for Aunty's, and it was still a bit murky for me. So I am going to post my experience with the new "pre-registration" process in the hopes that it helps others (and I still have a few questions!).

Everyone has reported long lines that form very early in the morning to register kids for the activities at Aunty's. Many have said that the free activities (not just open play time, but specific activities that have limited numbers of spots per day) were full before they opened or full within the first few families in line. Aulani has started allowing pre-registration for up to 3 free activities per child, up to 90 days in advance of check-in. Registration is online via this form:

https://resorts.disney.go.com/aulani-hawaii-resort/activities/auntys-beach-house/online-form/

If you try (like I did) to register before the 90 day mark from your check in day, it will not let you past the first screen. I tried earlier than 90 days just to see what the options might be, but no-go. Once I got to 90 days, I did the registration. On the form, you must list all adults who can pick up your child, and an emergency contact who is not traveling with you. You list the children's names, birth dates and genders. You give your check-in and check-out dates (reservation number required), but you are not allowed to choose specific dates or times that you would like the activities to be scheduled, on this form. I was somewhat frustrated by this since there are several days we know we will be off the property and wouldn't need Aunty's, but you can't specify this on the form. You are allowed to choose up to 3 of 4 "free activities" for each child (do not have to be the same three activities for all children, though that is what I did, hoping they would keep them together). The choices I had were: Stitch's Space Goo, Kings and Queens of Comedy, Keiki Hula and another which was an Hawaiian craft/game activity. I chose the first 3 listed for both kids.

You submit the form and it says they will email you back with what they have chosen for you and the dates/times for each. I got the confirmation email back within an hour or so, showing that both girls were registered for all three activities that I chose, and at the same time with each other (good thing!). The days and times actually worked out great, so Aulani must be reading my mind! However, it did say you could call to change times/dates if these didn't work (based on availability, of course...). Other posters have said that not all free activities are offered each day, so that may dictate the scheduling choices more than anything, but it worked for us.

We got:
Coconut Kings and Queens of Comedy, Monday at 7:30pm
Keiki Hula, Tuesday at 6:00pm
Stitch's Space Goo, Thursday at 3:00pm

As I understand it (someone please jump in and correct me if incorrect), I will drop them off about 30 minutes before these listed times, and they can stay as long as they want afterwards, until Aunty's closes at 9:00pm. I also understand that they won't give them dinner unless I register for that separately (and in person, in the dreadful morning line, on the day of, and hope they don't "fill" dinner before they get to me in line). I plan to give them dinner prior to at least the Comedy night, and maybe the Hula as well, since we will have a villa with a kitchen. That way I don't have to worry about getting in line at the crack of dawn. I think they can stay after the "free activity" even if they are "at capacity" and not accepting drop-ins, but again, not certain on this point.

So far, I have not registered for any of the premium, paid activities such as Fish are Friends or Surf's Up with Chip and Dale. We wanted to go to dinner one night with my parents at Monkeypod, and I think I read here that we should be able to go over there while they are in Aunty's at the Comedy activity. If we are not allowed to leave the property while kids are in Aunty's, please chime in here.

Last edited:
your experience matches mine (we're going in a few weeks), except that we got 2 out of the 3 activities i picked, and i did it right at the 90-day mark as well.

i also confirmed with aunty's by phone that the kids are to be dropped off 30 minutes before the start time of the activities. this applies to both the free as well as the premium activities (we're signed up for surf's up with chip & dale). the free activities each lasts about an hour or so; the premium activities are three hours and includes a meal.

have fun!

We are traveling to Aulani for the first time in late May. I have been reading all I can on these boards about the process for Aunty's, and it was still a bit murky for me. So I am going to post my experience with the new "pre-registration" process in the hopes that it helps others (and I still have a few questions!).

Everyone has reported long lines that form very early in the morning to register kids for the activities at Aunty's. Many have said that the free activities (not just open play time, but specific activities that have limited numbers of spots per day) were full before they opened or full within the first few families in line. Aulani has started allowing pre-registration for up to 3 free activities per child, up to 90 days in advance of check-in. Registration is online via this form:

https://resorts.disney.go.com/aulani-hawaii-resort/activities/auntys-beach-house/online-form/

If you try (like I did) to register before the 90 day mark from your check in day, it will not let you past the first screen. I tried earlier than 90 days just to see what the options might be, but no-go. Once I got to 90 days, I did the registration. On the form, you must list all adults who can pick up your child, and an emergency contact who is not traveling with you. You list the children's names, birth dates and genders. You give your check-in and check-out dates (reservation number required), but you are not allowed to choose specific dates or times that you would like the activities to be schedules, on this form. I was somewhat frustrated by this since there are several days we know we will be off the property and wouldn't need Aunty's, but you can't specify this on the form. You are allowed to choose up to 3 of 4 "free activities" for each child (do not have to be the same three activities for all children, though that is what I did, hoping they would keep them together). The choices I had were: Stitch's Space Goo, Kings and Queens of Comedy, Keiki Hula and another which was an Hawaiian craft/game activity. I chose the first 3 listed for both kids.

You submit the form and it says they will email you back with what they have chosen for you and the dates/times for each. I got the confirmation email back within an hour or so, showing that both girls were registered for all three activities that I chose, and at the same time with each other (good thing!). The days and times actually worked out great, so Aulani must be reading my mind! However, it did say you could call to change times/dates if these didn't work (based on availability, of course...). Other posters have said that not all free activities are offered each day, so that may dictate the scheduling choices more than anything, but it worked for us.

We got:
Coconut Kings and Queens of Comedy, Monday at 7:30pm
Keiki Hula, Tuesday at 6:00pm
Stitch's Space Goo, Thursday at 3:00pm

As I understand it (someone please jump in and correct me if incorrect), I will drop them off about 30 minutes before these listed times, and they can stay as long as they want afterwards, until Aunty's closes at 9:30pm. I also understand that they won't give them dinner unless I register for that separately (and in person, in the dreadful morning line, on the day of, and hope they don't "fill" dinner before they get to me in line). I plan to give them dinner prior to at least the Comedy night, and maybe the Hula as well, since we will have a villa with a kitchen. That way I don't have to worry about getting in line at the crack of dawn. I think they can stay after the "free activity" even if they are "at capacity" and not accepting drop-ins, but again, not certain on this point.

So far, I have not registered for any of the premium, paid activities such as Fish are Friends or Surf's Up with Chip and Dale. We wanted to go to dinner one night with my parents at Monkeypod, and I think I read here that we should be able to go over there while they are in Aunty's at the Comedy activity. If we are not allowed to leave the property while kids are in Aunty's, please chime in here.

Last edited:
Do either of you know what days they do the Fish are Friends or the Chip and Dale surf party??

our surf's up activity is booked for wednesday. i wrote down in my notes that fish are for friends is 11 a.m. mon/fri, and surf's up is 5:30 p.m. mon/wed. that was based on looking through a few days' worth of the daily 'iwa though, so the schedule may change.

Last edited:

Thank you so much for posting this!! We are going in July and the info in finding is somewhat murky too. We plan on doing the free activities and maybe one premium activity. We are also hoping to go to dinner at either Roys or Monkeypod one evening so I am curious about going off property as well. I know the kids wear a bracelet with gps, but I'm guessing you leave a cell phone number if you need to be reached while they are at Aunty's? I'm also dreading waiting in line in the morning of we want to sign them up for dinner and wish they could come up with a better system for that. But with the time change, I'm guessing I'll be up early anyway. Looking forward to hear how everything goes for you on your trip. Have a great time!

OP, how many nights are you staying at the Aulani? I was told by Aunty's that for my length of stay, 6 nights, I was able to preregister for 2 activities. Just wondering if you are staying longer because I believe length of stay affects this.

I think I remember a family checking in ahead who said they were going to Monkeypod and they just had to have their cell phone on them.

The dinners were gone quickly the one morning I got up to try to get them in, it ended up being fine to check them in for free play during our dinner reservation but we fed them early and were down there by 5. When we walked by 45 min later for our 6 pm dinner reservation they were at capacity so we were glad we dropped off early.

Thanks for all of the replies. I will post more on our experience when we return. These boards have been immensely helpful for me in planning 3 WDW trips, one DLR trip and now this Aulani trip, so I will post what I can to try to help someone else! Fingers crossed the girls actually like Aunty's and enjoy it!

Just wanted to toss in our experience on the dinner: we had a couple of nights where we spontaneously asked for our daughter to get dinner without much notice and had no problems at all. Obviously, your experience may vary and we were there in a low-crowd part of January. But I never had to go to Aunty's in the morning for anything (we were pre-registered for 2 activities also). No complaints about Aunty's - they were great and our daughter loved it there.

Just wanted to toss in our experience on the dinner: we had a couple of nights where we spontaneously asked for our daughter to get dinner without much notice and had no problems at all. Obviously, your experience may vary and we were there in a low-crowd part of January. But I never had to go to Aunty's in the morning for anything (we were pre-registered for 2 activities also). No complaints about Aunty's - they were great and our daughter loved it there.
Were you able to get dinner there on a random day when your daughter wasn't already registered for an activity? or did you just ask for dinner when you dropped off for the pre-registered activity? My kids are pre-reg for the 3pm space goo thing, and I would love to leave them there for dinner too... but I don't want to wait in a long line in the morning on a day they're pre-registered for an activity! Kind of defeats the purpose.

Were you able to get dinner there on a random day when your daughter wasn't already registered for an activity? or did you just ask for dinner when you dropped off for the pre-registered activity? My kids are pre-reg for the 3pm space goo thing, and I would love to leave them there for dinner too... but I don't want to wait in a long line in the morning on a day they're pre-registered for an activity! Kind of defeats the purpose.
Yes, our arrival night, we showed up and got her dinner pretty much right beforehand. No activity booked that day. If you are near Aunty's anytime earlier that day, just pop in and see if you can get them on the list. Or ask on a previous day how full their dinners have been to gauge if you need to show up early. Worst case scenario, they can be at Aunty's during the dinner hour and not eat (they have the non-diners play as usual and take the diners to a separate room) - then you can just grab them some food elsewhere after pick-up.

so this is what i compiled a week ago by looking through the daily iwa:

Aunty's Aloha Party: 12:30 p.m. TuThSaSu, 1 p.m. W
Stitch's Space Goo: 3 p.m. MTuThFSaSu, 10 a.m. W
Keiki Hula: 6 p.m. MTuThFSa
Coconut King and Queens of Comedy: 7:30 p.m. MTuThFSa

i checked it against wed. 3/16 - tue. 3/22 just now and it seems to be more or less the same.

here's another way of looking at it, but note that this is only for 3/16 - 3/22. other weeks may or may not vary

mon:
3 p.m.: stitch's space goo (no sign-up)
6p.m.: keiki hula (no sign-up)
7:30 p.m.: coconut king and queens of comedy (no sign-up)

tue:
12:30 p.m.: aloha party (no sign-up)
3 p.m.: stitch's space goo (sign-up)
6 p.m.: keiki hula (no sign-up)

wed:
10 a.m.: space stitch's space goo (sign-up)
1 p.m.: aloha party party (sign-up)
5:30 p.m.: surf’s up (sign-up)

thu:
12:30 p.m.: aloha party party (sign-up)
6 p.m.: keiki keiki hula (no sign-up)

fri
3 p.m.: space stitch's space goo (no sign-up)

sat:
12:30 p.m.: aloha party (sign-up)

sun:
12:30 p.m.: aloha party (no sign-up)

the sign-up / no sign-up bit is whether the daily iwa says signing up in advance is required. it's a little confusing because i'm not sure why one activity requires it on a certain day, and later in the week the same activity does not. i also didn't see "fish are for friends" in those days, but i'm not sure whether that means it's not offered at all or that it's not announced to the public.

Thank you! I wish I had known about this earlier. We leave on Saturday and I had no idea about the pre-registration. I just submitted. Its a very busy time, so will let people know what (if anything) we get.

Thanks all for making this thread even more informative. Pre-registration seems to help avoid some of the less "fun" parts of Aunty's for moms and dads, so this information is super! Good luck to all!

I'm sad now . . I've been to Hawaii before but not Aulani. I do not want Hawaii to have to become like our disney vacations, planning and scheduling everything months in advance. I don't mind that for Disney, but I enjoy the fact that a Hawaiian vacation is supposed to be exactly the opposite. Now I find out, the kids club is already full so my pre-registration failed. Cabanas are all sold out. Character breakfast full. Having significant second thoughts about that DVC purchase and whether we are going to enjoy our upcoming visit . . .I suspect we may be selling our points in the future and staying somewhere else more relaxing. But I will let you know how it goes.

I just called and had a very unsatisfying conversation with the beach house. Rep stated the pre-reg process is relatively new (i have no idea how new) and not well communicated. All kids activities (complimentary or premium) are fully booked for the next 2 weeks. But lucky me, I was invited to get up at the crack of dawn to wait in line to see if there was a cancellation, because they don't keep a waiting list to fill vacancies. I refuse to do that, and will be letting management know how disappointed I am in their process when I get there. This is really killing all the excitement I had about this vacation.

i am sorry to hear that as it does sound like a bummer. :\

but even if you take away the kids club + cabana + character breakfast, there are still lots of fun things to do, right? pool! waterslides! lazy river! lagoon! starlit hui! moo'olelo storytelling! movie night outside! menehune trail! shave ice! bumping into characters on site! turtles in that secret cove nearby! tidepool! (there's more on our itinerary but i'll stop now.)

and last but not least, hanging out with your family away from home!!! :) :) :)

p.s. think of it this way, the $$$ you would've spent on the cabana and the character breakfast can now go towards some other awesome thing you want to do, either at aulani / hawaii or elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!