Austria/Czech Republic

My family and I did this tour in 2007 and loved it. They've made a few changes since -- reversed the order and added the salt mines, to name two of the major ones -- and I think it's even better now than it was in the past. I even have a couple of clients who want to repeat that one.

I wish I had written a trip report, but never got around to it. I do, however, have over 700 photos posted on Kodak Gallery: http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=e09s25h.4rrn21eh&x=0&y=s08jfe A picture is worth 1000 words? :)

If you look at the page for that tour in the brochure (page 48) you'll see the two little girls from my photos with Tina, our guide.

I knew I'd love Vienna and Salzburg, but I really fell in love with Prague. It's a magnificent city!

Dotti

My family and I did this tour in 2007 and loved it. They've made a few changes since -- reversed the order and added the salt mines, to name two of the major ones -- and I think it's even better now than it was in the past. I even have a couple of clients who want to repeat that one.

I wish I had written a trip report, but never got around to it. I do, however, have over 700 photos posted on Kodak Gallery: http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=e09s25h.4rrn21eh&x=0&y=s08jfe A picture is worth 1000 words? :)

If you look at the page for that tour in the brochure (page 48) you'll see the two little girls from my photos with Tina, our guide.

I knew I'd love Vienna and Salzburg, but I really fell in love with Prague. It's a magnificent city!

Dotti

Wow what beautiful photos! It makes me want to go. What kind of camera did you use? Thanks for sharing.

Wow what beautiful photos! It makes me want to go. What kind of camera did you use? Thanks for sharing.

Thank you! Most were taken with my Canon Digital Rebel. I have the original version which is only 6mp, but I still love it. When I didn't want to lug that one around (or when one of the kids took off with it), I used a small Casio Exilem. The Casio takes great little videos for Youtube! I just put up a few from Bella Italia, which I think you can find by searching on "Dotti" (or maybe "DottiSaroufim" -- my user name) and "Adventures by Disney." If you're planning to take that trip, however, you might not want to watch them... it takes away a little of the surprise!

Dotti

I went to the salt mines when I was going to school in Austria. It was a blast!!

Thank you! Most were taken with my Canon Digital Rebel. I have the original version which is only 6mp, but I still love it. When I didn't want to lug that one around (or when one of the kids took off with it), I used a small Casio Exilem. The Casio takes great little videos for Youtube! I just put up a few from Bella Italia, which I think you can find by searching on "Dotti" (or maybe "DottiSaroufim" -- my user name) and "Adventures by Disney." If you're planning to take that trip, however, you might not want to watch them... it takes away a little of the surprise!

Dotti

Wow the rebel takes nice photos. It helps when you are a good photographer too. :thumbsup2 I have a Sony Cyber Shot that has 8mp, and the quality of the photos aren't as good as yours. I want a Digital SLR before I go to Europe.

I will have to check out your videos. I don't mind if they have spoilers in them. Thanks!

Dotti

Wow the rebel takes nice photos. It helps when you are a good photographer too. :thumbsup2 I have a Sony Cyber Shot that has 8mp, and the quality of the photos aren't as good as yours. I want a Digital SLR before I go to Europe.

I will have to check out your videos. I don't mind if they have spoilers in them. Thanks!

A friend of mine used to be a Guide for this trip. He loved it and had a great time. All of the history and the archetecture (sp?) that you see on this trip really make it worth while.

I would be most excited about the zoo! I love animals.

We took this trip last July. We had a wonderful time and I was quite surprised as it was DH who really wanted to take the trip (I wanted Flavors of France so we did them back to back).

I will find the link to my photos and add it in shortly. You won't be disappointed. Our trip didn't go to the salt mines. Prague is just so amazing and beautiful... as is Austria! I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried!

My family and I did this trip last summer. It was a lot of fun. The river cruise on the Danube was my favorite, and Prague is a beautiful city.
If you're a big Sound of Music fan, you'll enjoy.

Dotti--
Thanks so much for posting the pictures! It looks like you and your family had a terrific time! (Now I want to go on this trip too!). We had Tina as a guide in Hawaii in 2006--she was great! It's fun to see pictures of her in a different context.

Thanks for all the great information!

Turtlemom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter