Avatar Flight of Passage - no FPs?!

garrity2001

Earning My Ears
Hi! We'll be making our first trip to WDW in October. We are staying at the resort and today marks the first day for our fast pass selections. While I was making them, I noticed that there were NO FPs available for Avatar Flight of Passage. I was surprised since I logged on 60 days prior, at 7am ET, the earliest possible. Do travel agents have special access to FPs or something? Also, if there a way on the MyDisneyExperience app to see when some FPs for this may become available? Or are FPs for this attraction just that impossible to obtain? I just want to make sure we get the most out of our trip. Thank you!

I was able to find one towards the end of our trip. It was even a day later if I remember correctly. The advice I followed was start at the end of your trip then work backwards. Keep checking as it gets closer due to people cancelling and you'll probably get lucky

Do travel agents have special access to FPs or something? No. The 60 day window is actually 60 days + length of stay. So if you are going for a 7 day trip, once you reach 60 days out from the very first day of your trip, you can make FP+ reservations for the entire trip. So effectively that becomes a 67 day window for the final day of your trip, 66 for the next to last day, etc... So by day 60, many FP+ are already gone.

Also, if there a way on the MyDisneyExperience app to see when some FPs for this may become available? Yes. The FP+ FAQ on this forum explains a lot about it, but in short, go to the MDE app and "modify" your existing FP+. It will then show you what is available. Don't worry, you won't lose your existing FP+ unless you actually make a change and then click a second time to acknowledge it. However, there is nothing to alert you when something opens, you have to check on your own. Check often.

Or are FPs for this attraction just that impossible to obtain? For FoP, yes, it is. It's a brand new ride and a very popular one. FP+ is very hard to get for it if you miss it at the 60 day window. Doesn't mean you can't get one, but it's very, very difficult. All the other rides in WDW aren't too bad, just FoP.

They are hard to come by but keep looking. We were there a week ago and didn't book until about 45 days before the trip. Of course, no FPs for FOP but got one for Navi. Just did rope drop, got there around 8:10 and were off FOP around 9:15. Went back again the same night, the wait was posted about 120 min, it was actually about 100 but not too bad.

Yes, as PP mentioned, most people at their 60 day mark can only get them for later in their trip. I have two different friends making trips at the end of the month that I helped with FP, and both at 60 days could only get it for their last day(one staying 5 days, other staying 7). They both are going to AK first day, but can go back on departure day if they don't get on at RD first day, which is the other suggestion as mentioned above.

There is another thread that is discussing this issue and from what everyone is saying, typically you can start to find FP for FOP starting day 4 of an onsite trip.

No. Contrary to popular myth on these boards, TA's do not have special access to any type of reservation. Nor are they "hoarding" reservations to pass on to clients.

Thank you for all of your help. It may be 67 days, (I didn't count). I just reserved them the first day possible and was surprised to see there was no FP availability for FOP. I'll keep checking.

If FPs aren't achieved, do you just suggest to get there early and ride it first?
Thank you again!

Thank you for all of your help. It may be 67 days, (I didn't count). I just reserved them the first day possible and was surprised to see there was no FP availability for FOP. I'll keep checking.

If FPs aren't achieved, do you just suggest to get there early and ride it first?
Thank you again!

Yes, if you go to the Theme Park Strategies page, you will get up to date info on strategies for riding FOP at rope drop.

Thank you again!
The PP wasn't saying your window opened at 67 days... They were saying that once your 60 day mark hits, you're able to book FP for your entire length lf stay. So someone who checked in a day before you had access to all available FP for THEIR entire length of stay a day before you. That's why dining and Fastpasses are often unavailable, even when you log in at the 60 (or 180 day Mark) as soon as possible. Anyone who checks in a day, two days, three days, etc. before you all have had a chance to book their fastpasses already for dates that probably overlap yours. It's the downfall to the system. Longer trips tend to be more successful with FP and dining (especially) because of how it's set up.

Hope that helps a bit! If you can't get FP, definitely get there about an hour before rope drop and go straight there. Your wait shouldn't be too bad.

We were unable to get a FP for FOP even at the 60 day mark, but did go this afternoon, and waited about 2 and a half hours. So worth it, but I would defiantly try to go rope drop in the morning if you don't have anything planned in the morning.

Thank you! I'm learning as I go. This newbie stuff can be overwhelming! ;)

The PP wasn't saying your window opened at 67 days... They were saying that once your 60 day mark hits, you're able to book FP for your entire length lf stay. So someone who checked in a day before you had access to all available FP for THEIR entire length of stay a day before you. That's why dining and Fastpasses are often unavailable, even when you log in at the 60 (or 180 day Mark) as soon as possible. Anyone who checks in a day, two days, three days, etc. before you all have had a chance to book their fastpasses already for dates that probably overlap yours. It's the downfall to the system. Longer trips tend to be more successful with FP and dining (especially) because of how it's set up.

Hope that helps a bit! If you can't get FP, definitely get there about an hour before rope drop and go straight there. Your wait shouldn't be too bad.
hank

It may have already been mentioned but when I did our FP's for our upcoming trip, I did FOP as the very 1st FP and did it on the 6th day of our trip and got a great time in the morning. You just have to do it first and far enough out on your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!