Aventura vs Cabana Bay

GoldmanTrust

Mouseketeer
Hey guys,

I know this is a long shot, but I'm just trying to get some help and some clarity.

We have already booked our flights and our rental car for our next trip to Universal in September 2018.

This will be our third September in a row when we will stay in Florida, with a two week ticket to all the parks. We also went to Universal Studios in Los Angeles in last February, so we are very familiar with the parks. We are flying in from Scandinavia. It is my wife and I, our daughter (8 years old) and my in-laws.

Okay - that's the baseline. Last September we stayed at Cabana Bay, and we LOVED it. What we liked most about it was the proximity to Volcano Bay. We went to VB every morning for two weeks. We also went to UO and IOA. Of course we loved it as always.

Next year we are thinking about Aventura, a part of me would like to stay at such a new hotel. I'm trying to get into my mind how far it was from Volcano Bay. Does anyone know? Is it the same distance - or similar to the Americana building? Do you know there will be walking paths?

What would you guys do? Stay at a hotel that is a "known" commodity, or try a new hotel out? Everyone liked CBBR very much, but some of us are willing to try something new.

I have tried to google some info on Aventura, but there is not much to go on, so I'm trying here for help.

Best regards!

Hey guys,

I know this is a long shot, but I'm just trying to get some help and some clarity.

We have already booked our flights and our rental car for our next trip to Universal in September 2018.

This will be our third September in a row when we will stay in Florida, with a two week ticket to all the parks. We also went to Universal Studios in Los Angeles in last February, so we are very familiar with the parks. We are flying in from Scandinavia. It is my wife and I, our daughter (8 years old) and my in-laws.

Okay - that's the baseline. Last September we stayed at Cabana Bay, and we LOVED it. What we liked most about it was the proximity to Volcano Bay. We went to VB every morning for two weeks. We also went to UO and IOA. Of course we loved it as always.

Next year we are thinking about Aventura, a part of me would like to stay at such a new hotel. I'm trying to get into my mind how far it was from Volcano Bay. Does anyone know? Is it the same distance - or similar to the Americana building? Do you know there will be walking paths?

What would you guys do? Stay at a hotel that is a "known" commodity, or try a new hotel out? Everyone liked CBBR very much, but some of us are willing to try something new.

I have tried to google some info on Aventura, but there is not much to go on, so I'm trying here for help.

Best regards!

Aventura is "behind" Sapphire Fall resort - directly across the street from the main (lobby) building of Cabana Bay.

The "known" vs. "new" is a constant debate for us - we usually come down on the "new" side because there is just so much out there to try!

The benefit of Cabana Bay over Aventura in particular relation to Volcano Bay is that Cabana Bay has its own dedicated entrance. I am not sure if you are able to walk over from Sapphire Falls or Aventura, even thought they are right across the street, or if you would have to get the hotel shuttle over. There seems to be mixed information out there on this.

I know it can be a hassle to pack up and change hotels mid-trip, but with a two week stay it would seem worth it. That way you could have the best of both worlds and try something new with less risk!

Hi Goldsman trust!

I was curious as to which hotel you settled on and why. I am also trying to decide between Cabana bay suite or Aventura room for October.

If you are going to book a room for October, do so before the end of this month

Hhn fills some hotel dates up

Funniest thing.... I booked aventura last fall. I accidentally deleted the email, then a few months later couldn’t find an itinerary through the companies I usually book with. So I thought I might have almost booked it. Then decided to wait a day or two and never went back? Funny things I do after a night shift.

So, I booked a suite at Cabana Bay, and paid for it. Today I noticed a charge for the deposit for Aventura. Guess it wasn’t my imagination that I booked it....
Now to decide which reservation to keep. My DS’s 18 and 13 would love their own bed, but the dining credit and lower price is hard to beat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!