[B][/B]Split Reservation Advice

BamaEd1

Mouseketeer
DW and I are new members and have not been "home" yet. Our anniversary is May 17 so we thought this would be a great long weekend escape. However, our home resort (AKL) is pretty much full. We are now have reservations for a standard view studio for 2 nights at AKL and a studio at SSR for our last night. MS stated that bell services would collect our luggage and move it for us while we were out. Has anyone experienced this type of thing? If so, how well does it work? Do we have to check out at AKL then check in at SSR or will our key work at both? Our other alternative is to stay at SSR for the whole time but we would like to experience AKL. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You do need to check out and then check in again.

I have used bell services several times to move our luggage for us. You just have to keep in mind that you are not the only person they are doing this for. It could take hours for your luggage to show up. Just plan accordingly.

Happy Anniversary!!

Janis

Thanks, buzz. Since it is just DW and I, would it just be quicker to take our own luggage and vehicle and not bother with bell services?

Thanks, buzz. Since it is just DW and I, would it just be quicker to take our own luggage and vehicle and not bother with bell services?

If you will have a vehicle there, I would definitely do that instead of bell services. You will have access to your stuff during the time between checking out of one place and getting into your new room. Remember that the new room might not be available until after 4 PM.

I would have definately used my own car to move my luggage if I had one. LOL Our last trip we used ME and GardenGrocer. No car.

Sometimes you get lucky and get a room, otherwise bell services will hold your bags. Just plan your day accordingly. I'll give you an example. We got up early, left our bags with OKW bell services, and took the Bus to MK. My family went to ride the mountains and I went to WL to check in. Took the boat back to MK, shopped a little, and met my family for lunch. We had dinner reservations at Artiste Point for 7:30 pm, so we left the parks around 6 pm to go back to our room to shower. We had called around 4 and our bags had been delivered and our room was ready.

Just have a plan. I don't sit and wait around for bags or groceries. Haven't had any trouble yet.

Janis

It's just a 3 day trip and we will move "homes" for our last night so I don't think waiting around will be much of a problem. Thanks for the advice!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter