B-resort: b-warned

Daisy1940

Mouseketeer
Just wanted to give a bit of warning to those considering b resort. My family and I stayed here Jan 18-21.

We arrive around 6:30 pm Friday evening and check in went smoothly. The person checking us in asked if we had any special requests. I asked if we could have rooms next to my parents in-law and brother in law. He said we could be near my parents in law because we booked the same room type (remember this as it will come back). When we got to our room I noticed we were in a standard room and not the suite I booked. After debating if we should just keep the room, I called to ask to switch us. The person I talked to said the issue was that I booked through Priceline but they would switch us. She said they would send someone up with our keys and to move our luggage. After waiting almost half an hour trying to keep two small kids out of everything in the room I got fed up and went to the front desk. The woman I spoke to said they tried to find us but no one was in the room. I said yes we were and that my husband was still in the room so it was impossible that they missed us. She just replied “oh he must have gone to the wrong room” and stared at me. After a few moments I asked, “well aren’t you going to get him?!?!” (the bell hop with our key). She says, oh I guess” and called the bell hop station. I waited a couple of minutes and still there was no bell hop. I (probably a little too loudly) told the front desk to call again and tell them to come quickly and that I was holding the elevator for him. I went to the elevators and held it. This was our first (and not our last!) encounter with lazy employees.

That night both rooms we were given were just overall dirty. I’m not really that picky but it didn’t appear as though a vacuum had even been run in either room.

My in laws came to the hotel that evening and decided to eat before checking in. They had to find their waiter several times to get their drinks and said the service was terrible.

When my parents in-law checked in and got to their room they had been given a standard room and not the suite they booked. They were told there were no more suites. What made us mad was that we were told we didn’t get a suite because we booked through Priceline. My in-laws booked through the hotel directly. When I checked in the front desk clerk commented that we had the same room type. This was a room bait and switch. They knew we both booked suites but gave us both standard rooms.

When we checked in we were told that there would be no hot water from midnight to 4:00am. There was no hot water until the next night and even then the hot water was never more than luke warm for the entire stay.

On our last day, we came back from the parks around 4:00 and the room had t been cleaned. At 5:00 we called (and it rang for 3 minutes) and asked for towels and said we didn’t need the room cleaned, just bring us towels. Sure, they said. At 5:45 still no towels so we call again (and again wait several minutes for a pick up). We told them we were leaving for dinner and to send towels immediately, we were tired of waiting. Fifteen minutes later still nothing so we left for dinner.

Overall, this was the worst hotel service any of us had had (3 rooms total) including my brother in law who is in a hotel more than he is home because he travels for work.

Be warned-this hotel looks cool but is dirty and has the absolute worst service! We would never stay here again.

FYI, Priceline only books doubles. A hotel could whack you with charges, etc, if they see you have more than 2 people. It’s crazy, I didn’t realize it until just recently. Used to book thru them all the time.

The B resort is the only place I have ever stayed that made nasty Priceline comments and tried to make me feel like 2nd class person. We always stayed at a hotel thru priceline 1st night when we would drive and never had problems until we stayed at "B"

Kae

Sorry you had such terrible service. I would have talked with a manager asap.
We stayed there for a week recently and loved it. The people there were all very nice, our room was fresh and clean, when we called downstairs in need of something, it was delivered or taken care of right away.
We got such a great rate for our stay and will definitely return on our next vacation.

It's the only resort in that area that we would only book as a last resort.

Our experience with the restaurant and the cleanliness of the rooms mirrors your experience.

Also the fees that this place has is ridiculous, IMO..High Resort fee and Parking fees.

Yikes...I was considering...poor service when we're accustomed to Mickey gloves would be a really rough transition!

The B resort is the only place I have ever stayed that made nasty Priceline comments and tried to make me feel like 2nd class person. We always stayed at a hotel thru priceline 1st night when we would drive and never had problems until we stayed at "B"

Kae
Which is ridiculous. The resort puts their inventory on Priceline because they can’t sell the rooms, and are trying to sell them at a discount so they don’t sit empty. It’s not like you’re getting away with something. They put them there. :rolleyes:.

Never stayed there personally, but anecdotally it seems liek B-Resorts gets bad reviews across multiple sites. Seem like it's best to avoid it.

Its okay if people avoid this hotel. We have had great stays here and continue to return, most likely with great discounts. We haven't made reservations through a third party. Always with the hotel itself, via Mousesavers.

Have had about 5-6 stays here and all of them were good. We have stayed in the tower a few times (2 queens plus sofabed), a patio poolside room (includes private furnished patio) and an outer lanai room. They have all been clean and in good working order. I can't think of one complaint I have had during our stays.

Like @dizneefan13 we only book with special deals; through Mousesavers, Disney Springs hotel site and direct with B. We've almost always gotten one or both fees waived and when not the rate was so low we were still below a Disney value resort total.

I know at any hotel folks can have a bad stay ... I know I have ... but in all my stays there I have yet to have an issue. My top two Disney Springs hotels are Doubletree and B Resort. But since I have a car I don't need to stay "on property" and I'm not concerned about 60 day FP or EMH. I think the Disney Springs hotels are best for those who need park shuttles.

What I like about The B Resort:
  • The roomy rooms with a couch and closet at the far end of the space. The couch makes into a third bed and the closet it a good size. I think I remember the drawers are in the closet too.
  • The beds are the most comfortable I have slept on in a hotel room. Not too soft or hard...just right. The pillows are great too.
  • The bathroom is a good size with ample counter tops. This matters to girls with lots of makeup and skin care stuff. There is Aveda products, shampoo, conditioner, lotion etc.
  • I've never had a problem with water temperature.
  • Its so quiet here! I have never heard "the neighbors" like I have at different Disney resorts. (yeah I know I've been lucky so far).
  • The staff has been helpful and very quick to any additional things to our room, like towels or extra coffee.
  • The room has a Keurig type coffee maker and good coffee. I think its Joffrey's but I'm not positive.
  • Transportation has never been a problem for us. Well, once when we were going back to a park in the evening we waited about 40 minutes for the bus, but nearly always, we had good luck with bus service. We do use rideshare quite often. I figure it is well worth it when returning at night when tired, because of all the money we save staying off property.
I agree with HopperFan. Anyone can have a bad stay at any hotel. That's just a part of being in a hotel. If people don't like the place, I'm fine with that. Might keep the cost down for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!