Babnanas 11: "Boo-boo's are OUT, Toast is IN….

On a brighter note, Nemo and Squirt started some camps this week. Not full day ones, more like programs. Squirt is doing a Lego Robotics camp at his school, and Nemo is doing a robotics program they have at the high school. Speaking of my kiddos, if you can believe it, Nemo is 12 and will be in 7th grade next year. :faint: Squirt is turning seven in a couple of weeks and going into second grade. Where does my time go?

Time just flies.

Hey there! Good to see you around! How's things with you?!.

It's good to be back and catch up with you! We've had a bit of a busy start of summer between a girls trip to the Outer Banks for me and Barbara, work, work, work, and an anniversary Alaskan cruise for me and Mr. YoYo. Things are settling down so I'm back until I get busy again. Mr. YoYo just asked me to start looking at dates for our Fall 2018 WDW trip, so I'm a very happy camper. :lovestruc

How are things with you and your family? (I'll get caught up with my thread reading soon.)

It's good to be back and catch up with you! We've had a bit of a busy start of summer between a girls trip to the Outer Banks for me and Barbara, work, work, work, and an anniversary Alaskan cruise for me and Mr. YoYo. Things are settling down so I'm back until I get busy again. Mr. YoYo just asked me to start looking at dates for our Fall 2018 WDW trip, so I'm a very happy camper. :lovestruc

How are things with you and your family? (I'll get caught up with my thread reading soon.)

Busy as well! We moved from NH to CA in March (not sure how much you've missed, I've only been around randomly myself until recently!). Working at a camp so right now is our busiest season. DH is on the maintenance team so he's out fixing stuff all day. We didn't know last October that we'd be making this move, but in retrospect I am very glad we got to take our family trip to WDW at that time!

Meanwhile I just got myself an AP to Disneyland. It's the most basic option so most of summer is blacked out (fine with me, too hot and crowded!) but I'm looking forward to the 3rd week of August when I can go use it!! DH and I went to Disneyland Park for our 25th anniversary in April and loved it. We will be taking the boys to California Adventure sometime this fall.

@LegoMom3 - WOW! That's quite a change from NH to CA. Enjoy your AP to Disneyland! And working at a camp - that sounds like fun!

Is the heat getting to you this year? My cousins moved south from MA to SC and the first summer was a shock to them. They now understand why it's almost required to have A/C in your house and your car in SC. :rolleyes1

@LegoMom3 - WOW! That's quite a change from NH to CA. Enjoy your AP to Disneyland! And working at a camp - that sounds like fun!

Is the heat getting to you this year? My cousins moved south from MA to SC and the first summer was a shock to them. They now understand why it's almost required to have A/C in your house and your car in SC. :rolleyes1

I have to say, the heat here is NOTHING compared to the heat back east!! Because it's DRY! I mean, temps in the 90s is hot no matter where you are, but the air isn't soupy and you can still feel like you can breathe. I'm visiting my dad in Florida in August and SO not ready for that... :crazy2: But it is literally a/c to a/c! Today was in the upper 80s here and I've had my windows and door open all day, and it's comfortable in here.

In other news, there's a large wildfire burning about 20 miles west of here..... It's very hazy here and you can smell the smoke.

99,999 posts....one.....more....to....go....

EDIT: Wait no more, my friends...

tt11544680fltt.gif
:angel:

I'll turn the fan on and aim it in your direction. It's hot, hot, hot, and very humid here. It rained this afternoon and all that did was raise the humidity. Stay warm!

It's the wind chill factor that makes it freezing here. Turn the fan on as high as possible!

It's the wind chill factor that makes it freezing here. Turn the fan on as high as possible!
Brr! I aimed it and put it on high. There's a house for sale in my neighborhood, just down the street. C'mon over! :goodvibes

....I have two words for you:

woolly longjohns
Don't laugh -- I bought my first pair of long johns for my trip to Alaska in May. I never needed a pair before. The long johns and the raincoat for my camera were my two best pre-trip purchases. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!