Baby Reveal in Front of the Castle

dvcdream4fld

Mouseketeer
Well, it's been a few weeks...alright it's been more than a month, but I am busy guy and hadn't the time until now. However, I just wanted to post this here, because my non-Disney fanatic friends don't really understand how happy my wife and I were to pull this off.

Last year, my wife and I booked a Disney Cruise (in May 2015) for the second week of September 2016. Between then and the cruise, we had a lot of life changing events...wife graduating nursing school, wife got her first nursing job, we moved into our first home. But, our greatest surprise was when we found out we were expecting in May 2016. I won't go into details, but it wasn't easy for us and it is our first baby. After finding out the news, we were excited, but also concerned about the pregnancy. In the end, we decided to buy the trip insurance and hope for the best. It turns out the cruise was scheduled at the most ideal time for a pregnant lady, after the first trimester and around 20 weeks.

Last edited:
Well, the pregnancy hasn't gone the best, and wife was nautious for almost 14 weeks, so even within a month of leaving for the cruise we weren't sure if we would go. However, in the last month before the cruise, we learned that doctor could tell us the sex of the baby right before our trip.

We asked the doctor not to reveal the sex of the baby and instead place it in envelope so that we could open the envelope during our trip at a special time.

Fast forward to our trip...we decided to stay at WDW resort one night before our Disney Cruise. The next morning we got up extra early so we could go to the Magic Kingdom at rope drop. We immediately headed to the hat shop on Main Street and handed the envelope to the Cast Member and asked them to place Mickey ears in a box so we could open it in front of the castle.

OMG! Maybe it's because I'm also currently pregnant with a boy, but I totally cried reading this! So magical! I sorta wish this wasn't our last baby so we could do that ... Sorta ;) CONGRATS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!