baby wipes in carry on

blackpearl77

DIS Veteran
Asking for a friend (since my son is 9!) can you bring a package of baby wipes in your carry on? I wasn't sure since they are wet is that considered liquid? I know I have brought travel size handy wipes but she is asking about the regular size baby wipe container that wouldn't fit in a ziploc. Thanks since I have no idea!

Yes, you can. Be aware you might get pulled over for extra screening(apparently they look odd in the machine), but you can bring them.

Yes, you can. Be aware you might get pulled over for extra screening(apparently they look odd in the machine), but you can bring them.
This actually happened to me!! I had 2 packs of baby wipes, they probably looked like bricks of drugs. I had to have my hands swabbed, it was over the top but hey if people feel safer than so be it.

Yes- just be prepared to have your hands swabbed or pulled over for an extra check. We've also had them swab or run the little cloth thing over the outside of the packet of wipes before.

This actually happened to me!! I had 2 packs of baby wipes, they probably looked like bricks of drugs. I had to have my hands swabbed, it was over the top but hey if people feel safer than so be it.
Yes- just be prepared to have your hands swabbed or pulled over for an extra check. We've also had them swab or run the little cloth thing over the outside of the packet of wipes before.
Thanks! I will tell her so she doesn't freak out when she gets extra checked! Should I tell her to take them out and put them through the conveyor by themselves?

yes to speed the tsa line process pull out anything that will get flagged and in the bin separately. it will make things faster as they will not have to go thru the bag.

No issue at all. I always travel with wet wipes in my carry on. Planes are gross. My bag never gets pulled for extra screening either.

Thanks! I will tell her so she doesn't freak out when she gets extra checked! Should I tell her to take them out and put them through the conveyor by themselves?

I would. We traveled a lot recently and noticed that the bag with the wipes always got flagged for a search. I finally asked if I should pull them out and they said it would speed up the process.

DH carries the unscented baby wipes to clean his CPAP mask. He usually has no issues.

Our bag was flagged for search. Package was slit with a knife and swabbed.
Really?? My oldest is 9, so we’ve been flying that long with wipes that has never happened to us. I still usually bring some for sticky hands. Guess I’ll put them in a resealable bag next time.

We've flown numerous times with wipes and never had them taken out or inspected. Actually, the last few times we've flown, security has been very specific not to take anything out of your bags going through the scanner unless explicitly told to do so, and made people step aside to put certain electronics and things back in their bags before allowing them to put it on the conveyor belt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!