Back from Oasis 7 night cruise!

Wish I could handle inside but I can't. I'd probably pass on going if only option. Just visiting family in theirs I couldn't stay but a few minutes. I have found the Promenade rooms on ships that have them are a great compromise and they didn't cost much more than insides.

On Carnival, I've been lucky. On the last two cruises, I booked inside but later received 24$ offers to upgrade to port hole cabins. When it's less than 50$, I take it. :)

Did you like the shows?? I thought they were pretty bad. The aqua show and ice skating show had talented athletes, but I didn't enjoy them. The dancing girl in the water show made NO sense. I thought Come Fly With Me was absolutely dreadful. Cats was well done, I'm just not a huge Cats fan. 'A few of the comedians were funny and Elvis was okay.

Its funny you say this because most reviews I've seen say Cats is horrific and everything else is decent to good. We saw the aqua show, Elvis, and the comedy shows and they were all pretty good to us. Nothing mind-blowing, but good for what it was.

Did you find the ship to be overly massive?

Not the OP, but we didn't find it to be overly massive. Its large but that was a positive for us because it never felt packed in any particular area, and we were never bored. There was always something to explore. By the end of the week, we had seen all areas of the ship and did everything we wanted to do.

Glad to hear you had an amazing time. And we totally agree with you.

After two Disney Cruises, I was disappointed with the fact that my next cruise was Oasis of the Seas. I couldn't imagine that it would be as amazing. We chose RCI as with overseas airfare it was just too expensive to cruise Disney. The cost on Disney for one cabin was more than double the price we paid on the Oasis for two. And it was at least equal. There was just so much to do. We loved everything about it. In fact so much that we didn't even look at Disney for our next cruise. We are booked on Allure of the Seas in July.

After two Disney Cruises, I was disappointed with the fact that my next cruise was Oasis of the Seas. I couldn't imagine that it would be as amazing. We chose RCI as with overseas airfare it was just too expensive to cruise Disney. The cost on Disney for one cabin was more than double the price we paid on the Oasis for two. And it was at least equal. There was just so much to do. We loved everything about it. In fact so much that we didn't even look at Disney for our next cruise. We are booked on Allure of the Seas in July.

It really was a wonderful cruise! We are booked in September on the Harmony for friends of ours 25th anniversary and we booked the Key for our junior suite since the full suites are out of our price range but we are so looking forward to this cruise. After that hopefully we will sail Symphony. I love the Oasis class of ships!

Did you like the shows?? I thought they were pretty bad. The aqua show and ice skating show had talented athletes, but I didn't enjoy them. The dancing girl in the water show made NO sense. I thought Come Fly With Me was absolutely dreadful. Cats was well done, I'm just not a huge Cats fan. 'A few of the comedians were funny and Elvis was okay.

I, too, found the food very mediocre.
Reading your other posts, you went into the cruise not wanting to go and convinced you were going to hate everything of it since you are not a cruise person. It is not surprising that you had set yourself up to have a bad time, seems to have been a self-fulfilling prophecy. But now you know for sure and can tailor your vacations to what you enjoy. I hope you found something on the cruise that was enjoyable.

Where are you people finding all of these "cheap" RCCL deals? I priced out some Oasis class itineraries, and quite honestly, they are about as much as DCL in some cases. We were looking at one for the fall and the cheapest oceanview balcony for 3 people was over $6,000! Conversely, I found I could get one of the newer Carnival ships or something like the Regal Princess for MUCH less than the Oasis class ships.

That being said, we'd like to try one someday. We love DCL (and Carnival and Princess) and had heard all of the good things about RCCL and tried them out over Thanksgiving a few years back going on the Serenade of the Seas. That was, we all at least in our family agreed, the worst of the 20 something cruises we had all been on and it soured us a bit on RCCL (only food option open on return from a port excursion is in the adult area???). Anyway, I do have reason to believe that there were situations on that particular cruise that were specific to that particular sailing, so we'd like to give RCCL another shot, especially on a bigger ship than the Serenade, however, the pricing is off-putting. If I'm going to spend that much, I'll go DCL, if I want to save $$$, I'll go Carnival or Princess...

Where are you people finding all of these "cheap" RCCL deals? I priced out some Oasis class itineraries, and quite honestly, they are about as much as DCL in some cases. We were looking at one for the fall and the cheapest oceanview balcony for 3 people was over $6,000! Conversely, I found I could get one of the newer Carnival ships or something like the Regal Princess for MUCH less than the Oasis class ships.

That being said, we'd like to try one someday. We love DCL (and Carnival and Princess) and had heard all of the good things about RCCL and tried them out over Thanksgiving a few years back going on the Serenade of the Seas. That was, we all at least in our family agreed, the worst of the 20 something cruises we had all been on and it soured us a bit on RCCL (only food option open on return from a port excursion is in the adult area???). Anyway, I do have reason to believe that there were situations on that particular cruise that were specific to that particular sailing, so we'd like to give RCCL another shot, especially on a bigger ship than the Serenade, however, the pricing is off-putting. If I'm going to spend that much, I'll go DCL, if I want to save $$$, I'll go Carnival or Princess...

I guess it depends on the dates. Every time I've checked DCL pricing it's much higher than the same dates on RCCL/ I paid $4700 for 2 balconies for my family of 5 on Allure this past November. That's less than I'm apying for an upcoming cruise on Carnival Magic. President's week two years ago I paid $2300 for a 5 night cruise on Independence for the 5 of us in a Family Cabin. Personally I wouldn't sail on anything smaller than a Voyager class.

I don't know why some are more expensive than others. This is our current booking - 7 nights Allure of the Seas departing 7 July 2019 Eastern Itinerary - San Juan, Labadee and St Maarten.

Cruise Fare $1,139.00 $1,139.00 0.00 0.00 $2,278.00
Taxes, fees, and port expenses $ 95.62 $ 95.62 0.00 0.00 $ 191.24
Total Charge $1,234.62 $1,234.62 0.00 0.00 $2,469.24
Amount Paid $ 650.00
Balance Due $1,819.24

We have two ocean view balcony cabins booked on Deck 14. Unfortunately Disney prices don't come close. We booked through a travel agent. She is one we have booked all our trips through. She also provides OBC.

So, I am looking at Thanksgiving week (Harmony). The cheapest inside for 3 people is $4,555.60. An Oceanview balcony for 3 is $5,747.60.

Disney Fantasy, for the same week granted, is $6,439 for an inside and $7,167 for an Oceanview balcony.

Carnival Breeze inside (same week from Port Canaveral) is $2,335.56, and an Oceanview balcony is $2,615.56

We booked an inside for 3 people on the Regal Princess for the same week for $2,040 for all 3...

Harmony, Symphony and Ovation are likely to be the most expensive Royal ships by virtue of being the newest. So if you think the prices are a bit much... I’d agree with you.

I also think it might be cheaper out of Fort Lauderdale since they’ve got a dedicated terminal, but I’ve no evidence to back that up.

I’ve been looking to go back on Princess. I was on the old Regal Princess for a Panama Canal cruise. Loved it. Let me know how the “new” one is...

Harmony, Symphony and Ovation are likely to be the most expensive Royal ships by virtue of being the newest. So if you think the prices are a bit much... I’d agree with you.

I also think it might be cheaper out of Fort Lauderdale since they’ve got a dedicated terminal, but I’ve no evidence to back that up.

I’ve been looking to go back on Princess. I was on the old Regal Princess for a Panama Canal cruise. Loved it. Let me know how the “new” one is...
Will do. It looks nice. I agree about the expensive ships, but having only been on the Serenade, I have a sneaky feeling that there is a big difference between the Serenade and say, the Symphony...

As some of you may remember I was a bit hesitant to sail with Royal after our stellar Disney cruise but for anyone who may be waffling and wondering like I was let me put your anxiety or fear to rest - Lady O is awesome!!

We had a fantastic week that neither my husband nor myself wanted to end! The concierge staff, our stateroom host and just about every employee we ran into was pleasant and greeted us with a smile.

The ship will be going into dry dock soon but overall you couldn’t tell by how beautiful the ship is maintained. And speaking of that we were very impressed by how clean the ship was and the ongoing maintenance that was taking place all around us. Overall I would give the trip a solid 9 out of 10 stars and I only take off 1 star for the mass quality of cruise line food - even in the specialty and concierge restaurants.

Any questions - just ask!

Do you know when the Oasis is going into dry dock? I'm sailing on her in May.

Will do. It looks nice. I agree about the expensive ships, but having only been on the Serenade, I have a sneaky feeling that there is a big difference between the Serenade and say, the Symphony...

I have never been on an older Royal ship but I can tell you that the Oasis class ship is wonderful! We had such a nice time on the Oasis even though it is slated for dry dock. On the whole, the ship was very well taken care of. For me, since we like to cruise in suites, we can do so on the Oasis class (even a junior suite) much cheaper than a suite on DCL. I hope you and your family get to try one of the larger ships one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!