Back to the (festive) Magic PTR

loladelorean

DIS Veteran
It's nearly here! My 10th trip to DLP, and it feels like a long time coming as it's been 18 months since my last trip :faint:

Who's going:
Me (Lisa) 26
Sister 21
Mum 50 something ;)
Dad 60 something ;)

Staying at my favourite hotel the HNY for 4 nights with an overnight in Kyriad to kick off.
Travel dates 15th-20th November
Flying with Easyjet from Glasgow, getting to DLP via TGV (booked)

PLANS!

Saturday - arrive around 3pm. Plan is not to visit the parks that day since we get there quite late, and we are staying at the Kyriad. I've sneakily booked Inventions for dinner at 6pm as a surprise for the family. We've never been before as always thought it was too extravagant. Perhaps it is, but I'm dying to experience it and get the trip off to a magical start. Then some hotel cocktails before an early night at Kyriad.
Sister and I will buy our Fantasy passes at some point too.

Sunday - check into HNY early and hit the parks! Studios for most of the day since this is the only day during our trip that RnRC is open :(. Lunch is booked for 12.30 at Bistro Chez Remy - not sure how full we will be after that, so haven't booked an evening meal. Will just see how we feel.

Monday - full day at the Disneyland Parc then BBWWS at 6.30 - another first for us!

Tuesday- spending the day in Paris

Wednesday - do everything we haven't had a chance to do yet. Haven't booked any meals as again I'd like to see how we feel but I might restrict the choice for dinner to Walts vs Blue Lagoon :rotfl: #controlfreak. At night we are meeting the lovely Adam (rottie) and his DBF for cocktails in the DLH!

Thursday - have a few hours in the morning for final rides before we have to head to the airport :(

O you have started! You won't be sorry you booked Inventions.....I know you like your food :thumbsup2

We too are having lunch in Chez Remy and then Annette's for later....we can have something small there if meal filling at Chez Remy!!

Do limit dinner choice to walt's or Blue Lagoon.....hahahaha....our last meal is always Walt's since our first trip back in 2004...like you this will be our 10th trip :hyper:

We are having dinner in Inventions on the Wednesday night....if I recognise you and am not feeling too shy I will say hi :wave2:

Rand RC closed for the duration of our trip :sick:

Good luck with the rest of your planning....looking forward to following along :banana:

Oh yay you've started :cool1:
I'm with Jo, I would limited it to Walts vs Blue Lagoon too :thumbsup2 We had a good meal in Walts back in May, it was my Mams favourite.
Anything in particular planned for Paris?
Looking forward to following this along ::yes::

O you have started! You won't be sorry you booked Inventions.....I know you like your food :thumbsup2

We too are having lunch in Chez Remy and then Annette's for later....we can have something small there if meal filling at Chez Remy!!

Do limit dinner choice to walt's or Blue Lagoon.....hahahaha....our last meal is always Walt's since our first trip back in 2004...like you this will be our 10th trip :hyper:

We are having dinner in Inventions on the Wednesday night....if I recognise you and am not feeling too shy I will say hi :wave2:

Rand RC closed for the duration of our trip :sick:

Good luck with the rest of your planning....looking forward to following along :banana:

Oh please do say hi! Wow can't believe you're going to stay in DLH you must be so excited. How are you managing to keep it secret?!

Oh yay you've started :cool1:
I'm with Jo, I would limited it to Walts vs Blue Lagoon too :thumbsup2 We had a good meal in Walts back in May, it was my Mams favourite.
Anything in particular planned for Paris?
Looking forward to following this along ::yes::

I've got a feeling we will end up in walts - my dad wasn't too keen on blue lagoon last time we visited but you can't go wrong with walts!

Still thinking about what to do for the day in Paris - slightly depends on the weather. I'm really familiar with Paris but my parents haven't been for many years so the tour bus might be a sensible idea. Dinner, drinks and live music in the Latin quarter is a must for me though! As is a wander through the christmas market and decorations on champs d'elysees

You all talking about Wal's and BLue Lagoon makes me want to eat at Walts and Blue Lagoon too. But I know it will be waste of money as kids won't eat a thing.... I should hire a baby sitter and treat myself a dinner there :flower3:

I've got a feeling we will end up in walts - my dad wasn't too keen on blue lagoon last time we visited but you can't go wrong with walts!

Still thinking about what to do for the day in Paris - slightly depends on the weather. I'm really familiar with Paris but my parents haven't been for many years so the tour bus might be a sensible idea. Dinner, drinks and live music in the Latin quarter is a must for me though! As is a wander through the christmas market and decorations on champs d'elysees

Oooh Christmas Markets sound amazing! Where are they on?
The city is just so beautiful, I'd be happy enough walking about soaking up the atmosphere. I'm keen to see the Catacombs and Pere Lachaise at some stage (very morbid I know!).

I'm counting down the days til we are sipping on Bacardi Royales too. Look what Adam started :goodvibes

Hi can't use quote on phone.... Yes DLH... Omg so can't wait!!! Surprise is out...she was over the moon really not expecting it all...it's great because now she is involved in all the planning too :-D. Yes delighted hubby can join us he has work in Paris but is staying in hotel from Wednesday and joining us in park on Friday <3. Will add him at checkin so name on breakfast pass...thanks for the tip. Will definitely say hi if I spot you....I too will be sipping on a bacardi royale lol. X

Lovely plans you've got Lisa - so nice to see you going back with your mum and dad too. BBWWS is great - we're thinking of trying to squeeze it in too. And starting off with a meal at Inventions will be fantastic :thumbsup2

Look forward to hearing more :goodvibes

Following along. :goodvibes Looking forward to hearing about your trip as we're staying in HNY in December. :cool1:

Thanks everyone! Just re-read my trip report from the last trip we did as a family in June 2012, and can't wait to get back! My dad's silliness makes things even more fun.
I ruined the Inventions surprise already - I couldn't help it! It'll be my treat to the rest of them :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter