Back to the World (Disney that is) day 1

panpant

Earning My Ears
Be gentle friends, first time report...

Back 2 the World (Disney that is)

Cast and Crew

Greg: 33, soon to be 34, acts like a kid, loves Florida, sun and shopping.
Denis: Nearly 70, Greg’s Dad. Floridaholic (hic, hic)

Firstly, have to say that it was going to be both Dad’s and my birthdays whilst we were there and wanted to go somewhere special (more of that later…)

Also, I set out to avoid Travel Agents and try to do everything myself ONLINE, fingers crossed here (XX) and to do several firsts that we’ve not done here before.

DAY 1

We both decided that we wanted a bit of style and had booked via ABC HOLIDAY EXTRAS the Saturday night at the Hilton at Gatwick. Uneventful trip to Gatwick and booked in at Reception with no problems (1st Online booking okay).
15 days car parking included with the stay so went to park in the long term car park – think we ended up in the South car park, despite flying from the North Terminal!

Got to the room, opened the door with all the luggage in tow and stared wide eyed at a DOUBLE BED, I know that Dad and myself get on well but NOT that well.
March back down to Reception and explain that I’d booked a twin bedded room on the net, “no problem sir, we’ll move your luggage immediately, here’s your new room number”.

Okely dokely, I know, we’ll have a look over the South Terminal and then take the monorail over to the North as we’re flying British Airways this time instead of Virgin.

According to a BA guy we spotted, the check in desk opens at 6am – excellent, plan to get there at 6, get the bulkhead seats we’d pre-booked via EXPEDIA.
A good hour later we returned to the new room to find;
i. No luggage
ii. Twin beds, set about 1 inch apart and no matter how much I pulled them , they wouldn’t separate more than 6 inches anyway – not used to that!

Another visit to Reception, “Your luggage sir?, I’ll get right on it”. Another hour later the luggage arrived – not very good.
We decided that we both fancied something different for dinner and headed over to Garfunkels in the South Terminal, tries too hard in my opinion to be TGI Fridays but comes up short. Can’t remember what we ate but had a couple of beers, just to get into the holiday spirit you know!

Back to the room and filled out the Immigration and Customs forms, yes picked them up earlier, makes sense huh?

The room wasn’t brilliant and couldn’t see the t.v for poor reception, somehow expected more for a top quality hotel, think I’ll look at the Meridien next time.

Both had a drink in the bar before bed and of course almost fainted at the prices, oh well, we are on holiday after all…

Night, night.

Greg

;) ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter