Back to the World (Disney that is) day 3

panpant

Earning My Ears
Back 2 the World (Disney that is)

Cast and Crew

Greg: 33, soon to be 34, acts like a kid, loves Florida, sun and shopping.
Denis: Nearly 70, Greg’s Dad. Floridaholic (hic, hic)

Day 3

Woke up at about 5am and straight on with the t.v, Disney channel of course followed by ‘Saved by the Bell’ – sad but I still like this show, even after all this time.

Decided that we both fancied a bit of a buffet and so headed over the road to the Ponderosa for a nice early breakfast. We sat there and enjoyed several plates of food and gallons of coffee (I need that in the morning) among the various English football shirts – WHY?

Today as always on our first day was going to be a nice easy day with plenty of shopping and then to try to find the AAA Office to get the Universal Annual Passes for $99 (thanks for the tip gang).

Headed over to the Belz Mall and bought a nice pair of chinos from Izod and then tracked down various Disney bits and pieces from the discount Disney store there for friends. I even moved the car around the car park – YES, easy peasy I thought but to quote Dad “Too fast” – spoilsport!

Florida Mall was next on our list, we love this place and they’re making it even bigger now, a new Department store being built. Had a wander around, spending more money (going to have to buy a new suitcase, ha ha). On to the food court and after sampling those freebies, settled on my favorite, bourbon chicken – aahhh, heaven.

On to Downtown Disney and more money in Mr Branson’s coffers and then in Disney’s pocket.

Back to the hotel and what would be the first of an on-running battle, who can alter the air conditioning the most. I set it to it’s maximum and on all the time and the maid would come in , set it to it’s lowest and put it on auto – I’m determined to win this battle by the end of the vacation.

After a bit of a rest we decided to try to find the AAA Office. Already had the address so should be a doddle to find it but checked with the Hotel reception on location. Pointed in the right direction and headed off ……

Headed back 1 hour later without tickets as although could find road, couldn’t find office – Bah humbug!!

Calmed down with a game of mini golf at Pirates Cove near Walmart as we had a free game from when we were there last year. In case anyone’s interested, I won, yeeeesssss, Tiger Woods eat your heart out, 2 holes in one.

Had dinner at Black Angus on 192, have to say that the food was excellent, the filet mignion especially and the service very good.

Getting tired now so we headed for “home” and the usual.

Ciao

Greg

:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter