Backpack fitting in lockers??

k1koala

Mouseketeer
Ive come to the realization that I just may not get away without a backpack next week at US :(
With all of the crazy rain and such, we will need to bring ponchos along with the few other things I would have just put in my *gasp* runners belt...LOL

Will a normal sized backpack fit in most of the ride lockers? From what I could find here on the boards they are very small. Just wondering what everyone does with them?

Thanks!! So excited for our first ever trip in just 3 DAYS!!!!!

I wouldn't chance it. Pack lighter. :). I found them to be pretty small. A backpack could fit if not parked full.

im always worried about being wet/cool when in the ac without a light jacket/sweater. I would to roll it up in the backpack, along with the ponchos.

The family all day lockers at the front of the park will hold backpacks

The smaller free ride lockers not sure

Can you divide stuff up into two smaller bags? We can fit a decent size camera bag (smaller than a normal backpack), a small backpack, 2 wands outside of the boxes, 3 water bottles, and a small crossbody purse into 1 locker. The opening is not huge, but they are pretty deep. Also, be careful of crushing a disposable water bottle. I saw someone do this in a top locker with a giant backpack. The water was just raining out of the locker and into all of the lockers below it. I have only seen this once though.

I use a laptop backpack that's kind of big and don't have much problem at most of the lockers. As long as the pack isn't stuffed full, it's fine. It takes some folding and shoving, but it works.

Sometimes one of the pockets or straps get caught while pulling it out, but if you're careful, it's not a problem. Having an extra person there to hold the door open helps. If I have water bottles in the sides, I have to take them out and stuff them in after the backpack.

The only exception is at the new lockers at Hulk. It might have changed, but when we were there, there was only one section that had the larger lockers. And they were all full so we had to wait for one to open. Plus, there were a lot of issues with how the ticket scan system (as opposed to the finger print all the other use) worked. There was one locker attendant and there was a line of about a dozen people waiting for her help.

This isn't the exact model I have, mine is older and they don't make it anymore, but it will give you an idea of what I have: https://www.swissgear.com/backpacks/1900-scansmarttm-laptop-backpack

I have what I consider a "normal size" backpack. I can usually get it to fit. I usually carry snacks, water, jackets. My wife carries wands in boxes, other jackets, etc. and i normally have to remove water bottles and smash in after finagling the bag into the locker.

Our backpacks have fit. We haven't experienced hulk since it changed though.

And if we have extra stuff we just get two lockers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter