Backpack in your pocket?

stacy6552

Keep to the code!
Hey gang. This is our first "winter" trip in over a decade and we would be totally bag-less is not for the need to bring jackets. I'm looking at foldaway lightweight backpacks that I could carry in in my pocket and skip the bag check. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

What you're going to find is that if you get a foldable one you can tuck in your pocket its not going to be of good quality to carry around jackets in.
For example it would likely be a thin nylon drawstring backpack that will become uncomfortable.

My opinion... tie your jacket around your waist.

I probably had the same one the PP used from Walmart. It was waterproof and small, but held quite a bit once opened up fully. It was not bad to carry either in June at WDW. I may take it again in January.

This is a packable backpack that I bought in early 2016 and has survived multiple trips both to WDW and other locations.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KX0B5ME/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It does pack up to what seems rather small size, but according to the pictures on amazon it's to a 6.7 inch square. It would definitely hold more than one jacket and/or any things you pick up in the park.

This is our Disney backpack as well. Lightweight, foldable and is very comfortable to wear.

Ok. I got the one that a bunch of you recommended and it totally worked! Sailed past the bag check every day! Thanks guys!

Checked the one I got recently and that's foldaway but won't fit in my pocket. I also don't think you can get a decent one that would

Hey gang. This is our first "winter" trip in over a decade and we would be totally bag-less is not for the need to bring jackets. I'm looking at foldaway lightweight backpacks that I could carry in in my pocket and skip the bag check. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!
Yes, it will work and may save you a couple of minutes at security. But much like using an umbrella stroller for the couple of minutes you are on the busses as opposed to a bigger and bulkier (but easier to maneuver and more comfortable) jogger, is the couple of minutes you save worth the rest of the time using something less practical and more uncomfortable.

For me, the answer is no.

DW and I usually each take a small backpack into the parks and have always accepted that we would have to suffer the bag search. Most of the time the security folks are just fine but there are a few that pull everything out and just shove it all back leaving me to repack everything the way it originally was.

I like this strategy and have ordered a couple of these bags. Thanks for the idea and especially for the links. I'm sure it will take some stress out of our upcoming trip.

When I have to carry more than will fit in pockets, I put it all in one or two gallon Ziplocks. Going through security, the string bag is folded in a pocket and I hand over the clear bag(s). The security people love it - hahaha! I put the Ziplocks in the string bag once through and they offer extra protection for rainy days. Natebenma on the YC/BC thread put me on to her "string bag theory".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!