Backstage Magic - October/Halloween Party Question

wishiwasindisneyjen

Mouseketeer
We will be on the 10/8 BSM tour and I see that there is a Halloween Party the night we have "free time" in the Magic Kingdom on our first day at Disneyland. Will they let us go to the party? Can anyone who has done an October BSM let me know if they were given access to the party that night? Thanks! :-)

I have not been on a BSM tour during the fall (ours was in June), but I think someone on these boards has been and can chime in with a better answer. I wanted to clarify which day you are referring to - do you mean your first full day at Disneyland Park - you do have free time that day including the evening. If by first day at Disneyland, you mean the day you arrive after touring the Studios and Imagineering, we did not have free time that evening. We did go in the Park, but had planned activities.

I have been to the Halloween parties at Disneyland the last 4 years and they are awesome.

Yes, that is the day we arrive at Disneyland (after the studios etc). This is what it says on the itinerary:
EVENING AT DISNEYLAND PARK
Enjoy a priority entrance into Disneyland Park with a group experience prior to spending the evening on your own.

Disneyland Park is closed that night for the Halloween Party so I am wondering if they will move us to DCA or if they will send us to the party (hoping for the party).

Yes my guess is they will change it around for you. On our trip we checked in at the Hotel and then walked together as a group to DL where we had dinner (I have heard of some trips having dinner in one of the hotels rather than the park) we had a very short amount of time on our own after dinner before we gathered as a group to watch the parade and fireworks in DL. Since the park is closed that night, I am not sure what they will do - it would be really cool if they took you to the party. We love the parties at DL - we have been on actual Halloween night the last 4 years and so many people (adults and kids) are in costume.

Yes, that is the day we arrive at Disneyland (after the studios etc). This is what it says on the itinerary:
EVENING AT DISNEYLAND PARK
Enjoy a priority entrance into Disneyland Park with a group experience prior to spending the evening on your own.

Disneyland Park is closed that night for the Halloween Party so I am wondering if they will move us to DCA or if they will send us to the party (hoping for the party).

We did the same trip in oct 2015 and I asked the same question...and got the same answers! Right after check in and heading up to our rooms, we did go to the park that night and got to experience the Halloween party. I would suggest, closer to your trip, calling the vacationistas to confirm. We also had a Halloween themed surprise in Hollywood. It was a wonderful trip!

We will be on the 10/8 BSM tour and I see that there is a Halloween Party the night we have "free time" in the Magic Kingdom on our first day at Disneyland. Will they let us go to the party? Can anyone who has done an October BSM let me know if they were given access to the party that night? Thanks! :-)

Great question as DW and I will be on the same tour. Really hoping we get to experience the Halloween party at Disneyland as we're skipping our annual Halloween party trip at WDW this year.

We scheduled our trip in December to see the lights and decorations, but I actually wish we would have chosen Halloween. It will be great!

We received an email today from ABD telling us that tickets to the Halloween Party would be included for Tuesday night of our trip in October. :yay:
How exciting!!! I love the DL Halloween Party. Sadly, we won't be able to make it this year. I have only gone on actual Halloween night so I don't know what the earlier parties are like, but on Halloween night tons of adults wear costumes. It is so festive.Halloween2016.jpg

We got the same notice today. We were really hoping for this as we go almost every year at WDW. Really looking forward to seeing it on the other coast.

Omg it s so different and yet similar! I really enjoyed it. One thing is..it is a bit spooky and darker then the FL version. Not "Scary" but it is not MNSSHP. No haunts jumping out, just the atmosphere is spookier and they make use of the lake better, IMHO. I hope you get to hear/see the barbershop quartet...just sayin.

According to our travel agent there are currently 22 people booked on the 10/8 trip as of today. Thought you'd like to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter