"Bad" BWV studio?

TammyAlphabet

DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Life Member - "excl
Is there a "bad" BWV studio? I am arriving around midnight and I am a little worried about this.

Edit: I am bringing my brother for his first disney trip and I really want him to be impressed.

Standard view studios close to the elevator are bad. They park the luggage cages for ME under you, and you will hear them rattle around on and off all night and early in the morning as they load and unload them. You will also hear the truck that picks them up beep incessantly as it backs up.

Can you tell we had one of those? pirate:

TammyAlphabet said:
...I am bringing my brother for his first disney trip and I really want him to be impressed.
That's what one-bedroom units are for.

Boardwalk view studio: I was hoping that this would be nice for him as he is a WDW newbie. I suppose they are all good. I just hope I don't end up with a handicap one because of the lack of counter space.

I don't really think you can go wrong with a BW view studio :goodvibes We've never had that view, but we've done both standard and preferred and we've never had anything that I would consider even close to a "bad" view. My absolute favorite was our first ever DVC stay (on rented points), though. We had a standard view booked, but I think we got upgraded to preferred. We had a high floor unit facing the Luna Park pool. I loved that view!!

We were on the 2nd floor in a BW View studio a couple years ago and we didn't like the solid wall on the balcony. We had to stand at the balcony to see our view instead of being able to see it from anywhere in the room or sitting on the balcony. It was still a very nice view and the studio was a dedicated one so we had a day bed too.

BoardwalkView.jpg

BWVDayBed.JPG

We were in the 1 BR just at the corner above the General Store on the 2nd floor. In the evenings, the entertainer often stood just below our balcony. This meant that, when we went out on the balcony, all those enthralled faces he was entertaining appeared to be starring back at us! Talk about no privacy! I am sure that the connecting studio next door would have the same issue. Also the 1BR was handicapped accessible, so that sturdio may be as well.

On the other end (literally), we stayed last year in the last BW view studio almost to Jellyrolls on the 5th floor (Room 5005, I think) and the view was simply amazing.

Best of luck -- Suzanne

I always request top floor. On my three trips with BW view, 1 was 5th floor, 1 was 4th and 1 was 2nd. I had the 2nd above Big River in June and it was noisy, people were out on the BW late since it was warm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter