Bad Shoes?

SEAlla

Mouseketeer
Hello-

So I have seen quite a bit about www.badshoe.com so I decided to hop on over there to see what the fuss is all about.

Well, I have to commend all of you who were daring enough to take some of those pictures and I do have to say that most of those shoes are an awful choice for the parks.

However, that being said, what is wrong with flip flops or shower shoes? I saw alot of pictures of those.

The reason I am asking is that I have huge problems with shoes. I have small wide feet and have a hard time finding ones that don't give me blisters no matter how broken in they are.

I have tried everything. I probably bring more (comfortable) shoes with me on trips than I do clothes.

This year I thought I would try flip flops. I had never tried them in the past because I was afraid of losing then since they aren't strapped on so to speak.

Am I missing something here? Will I regret wearing them to the parks? We are staying at the Contemporary so if they get too bad I can always go change.

Any thoughts? :wave2:

Thanks
Susan

What a great website...

As for flipflops, I don't wear them very often because they give me blisters between my toes (yes, you can get them there too!). If you wear them a lot, and they are comfortable, I would say go for it! If you don't wear them other than your trip, you may have a visit from the blister fairy.

Good luck!

I think that comfy flip flops would be fine as long as there are worn in. That being said, I would definitely recommend ones with straps that are not plastic. I've had terrible luck with the plastic straps giving awful blisters. Good Luck!

::MinnieMo

All I wear are flip flops! I wore them the entire time I was there on my last trip and had no problems. I didn't even bring sneakers or any other types of sandals. I didn't get blisters either. The only thing I look for is a cushiony flip flop. If they are too thin or hard the bottoms of my feet will hurt.

Thanks. I was starting to worry. I hate the whole "What shoes to bring " delima each trip. When god was giving out feet, I overslept that morning. :teeth: :rolleyes:

Target has ones in all different colors for $2.99 so I bought one in every color and am in the process of breaking them in (which doesn't take long).:p

They are the plastic ones but I thought I would bring along some "New Skin" an apply it between my toes every so often durring the day. I am hoping that it is better than getting those deep blisters all over my feet.

Susan :wave2:

I think that if you look more closely at the pictures of the flip flop wearers you will see that the point of those "bad shoes" are the feet themselves. There are some truely ugly feet out there and the world would be better served if those feet were enclosed and out of sight.

However, that being said, what is wrong with flip flops or shower shoes? I saw alot of pictures of those

As speaking as one of the photographers.....I get major blisters between my toes every time I wear flip flops...so, the are definately BADSHOES....for the parks from my perspective....

PS Glad you liked the site....it is definately tongue and cheek...

It's hard to move quickly in flip-flops and there might be times when you'd want to.

I wore my Nike "slides" on last vacation and for the first time ever I came home with no blisters. They are the beach shoes with the thick band across the ball of your foot. They dry quickly when wet and also have traction on bottom of shoe, something that alot of flip flops don't have.

Jo Ann

flip flops do not give my feet the kind of support needed for all the walking I do in WDW.

Have you tried Teva's? I know they are ugly but they are incredibly comfortable.

Originally posted by zurgswife
As speaking as one of the photographers.....I get major blisters between my toes every time I wear flip flops...so, the are definately BADSHOES....for the parks from my perspective....

PS Glad you liked the site....it is definately tongue and cheek...

I especially enjoyed the sandles that lace all the way up to the knees - I wonder if the strapes started out that tight or if her legs just swelled during the course of the day.

BTW - flip flops give me blisters between the toes also. Love my Tevas!

How come whenever I wear my flip flops in a crowd, I get the one dufus behind me that manages to step on the back and about rip my toes off?:confused:

Maybe I'm just lucky!:crazy:

I love my reef sandals.

I have had them for 10 years!
they are "surf sandals"
they have the strap across just below the toes and the normal sandal around the ankle.

the difference is that they are comfortable and have this ridge where your toes go, like a grip. they are designed for getting wet and no slipping. mine are starting to slip now, as they are old.

I have to order them online- you can find them are surf shops. don't have any around here:teeth:

my second choice is a pair of tennis shoes i wear at work. i go thru a good pair of shoes at work every 6 months!(use to, just ****ched) I would buy 2-3 pairs and start wearing them to break them in. i have one pair that is just right now, and don't look bad. (i work in a hospital and use to walk about 15-25 miles a day!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter