Baffling availability at 11 months out...

The same thing is happening at Boardwalk right now. Standard-view rooms are gone - even though I click right at 8 am. I wonder if it has to do with internet speeds, nothing else makes sense.

It is pure luck. Took me 6 mornings right at 8am before I was successful with getting my room. Didn't do anything different on any of those mornings. Same thing happens with moonlight magic events. Lots of demand but limited availability so some people are going to get shut out.

I have been trying book a value studio for next Christmas without any luck. I thought I can try the walking method, but I can't even get any random date to start with. I have checked every day at 7:59am. I have only seen either the "you are too early " message, or they are all sold out a second after it turns 8:00am. I don't know how that can happen. Are there some computer script people using to heck the system to get those reservations? I don't understand how it is possible.
I am also checking for value rooms each day - albeit a 2 bed - so just in this thread alone there are 3 of us vying for the same rooms. I think this thread gives us all a good indication that we are likely to be disappointed. I am currently walking a std view 2 bed so I at least have something booked - but my points will only get me six std view nights, whereas the value villa would of allowed for 7 nights - so I am likely facing a night elsewhere.

the good part of seeing availability before your needed date is that once the walkers keep walking then you will be able to go back in and grab the dates you need - this is what I did for November.

. I literally cannot click any sooner after 8am hits, how are others getting in in-front of me every single day?

People walking their reservations is likely the problem, so the walkers will have a 7 day reservation booked. They likely started "walking" their reservation months ago. That first day you are trying to book is tied up until they move their reservation along by adding a day and dropping the first day. What room type are you trying to get? If you are trying to get a value room i would just give up and book a standard room. I looked for 11 months out from today (and it is 4:30 pm) and everything but the value and Concierge is available.

Unfortunately, you are trying to get the hardest rooms at the very busiest DVC time- thats a double whammy. Just to secure something I would book a room but then you can put in a waitlist for the Value/concierge room you are trying to get. And just keep checking back on line something might open up but highly unlikely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!