Baja Cruise Room Location For Best Views

cutedisneygirly

DIS Veteran
We are planning a 5 day cruise from San Diego to Cabo and Ensenada. Would a verandah on the port or starboard side provide the best views of the coastline during sea days, or does it not matter?

You will get the same view up and back pretty much on the sea days so either side should be fine. That said, we did see whales off the Starboard side (between the ship and the land) when leaving Cabo on one of our stops there. But that was just luck. We were up on deck anyway. Port side will get the arch when pulling in, Starboard side will get to view it pulling out. But you can see it easily from the ship since it is tendered anyway (the ship floats around so the view is always changing while tendered).

Both times I have been to Ensenada, the port side of the ship was pointed inland. I liked that view better since the opposite side of the ship overlooked a lot of other docks/shipping containers, etc. But it was fun watching the seals off the starboard side (they swam around off the starboard side, they were just laying on the concrete on the port side ;) )

You would have to change sides on the way back for it to matter ;). Though emotionally I kind of like looking out to sea on the way home, it helps mask the "on the way home depression" that starts setting in towards the end of your cruise. I believe fireworks are on Starboard side if thats of interest to you.

actually the best views of the ship are from shore - but I don't recommend missing the boat.

And as far as seeing the coast while sailing, typically you are too far off of the coast to see anything there. just water all around

With Cabo being a tender port, the ship will anchor so as to safely offload / reboard passengers from the tender boats - so really, deck 10 has the best views because you can easily move to which ever side of the ship has the wanted view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!