Ballpark wait time for direct points from SSR

My guide called today and has my 25 points. He said he has both OKW and SSR. Which to choose??? I’m leaning towards SSR bc what good would 25 pts be at a different home resort? But, we’d have an extra 3 years with those 25 points, so there’s that.

I’m going to call him back this afternoon with my decision.

But just wanted to let you know, Renee. Hopefully your points will be in soon!

OKW is usually available at 7 months, except HH rooms and Grand Villas. I would go SSR. With 25 points Grand Villas are out.

OKW is usually available at 7 months, except HH rooms and Grand Villas. I would go SSR. With 25 points Grand Villas are out.

My thoughts exactly. We like to get 1 beds at OKW and don’t care if they’re in the HH area. So I’m gonna go with SSR.

Update: 25 pts at SSR, Feb UY will supposedly be in my account by the end of today. So less than a week after my initial phone call.

Closing costs on this was $105.

Hopefully that helps anyone who is thinking of adding on a small number of points direct.

Good luck, Renee!

Update: 25 pts at SSR, Feb UY will supposedly be in my account by the end of today. So less than a week after my initial phone call.

Closing costs on this was $105.

Hopefully that helps anyone who is thinking of adding on a small number of points direct.

Good luck, Renee!
Yay. Congrats!

My guide called today and has my 25 points. He said he has both OKW and SSR. Which to choose??? I’m leaning towards SSR bc what good would 25 pts be at a different home resort? But, we’d have an extra 3 years with those 25 points, so there’s that.

I’m going to call him back this afternoon with my decision.

But just wanted to let you know, Renee. Hopefully your points will be in soon!
Outstanding!!! Go with the SSR.
Edited-glad you chose SSR. We are officially in the list for SSR and OKW. Debating if we should do a different use year for the OKW-anyone have any thoughts?

Outstanding!!! Go with the SSR.
Edited-glad you chose SSR. We are officially in the list for SSR and OKW. Debating if we should do a different use year for the OKW-anyone have any thoughts?
Try to stick with one UY. We have two and it can be very complicated. Especially since we have 50 BWV with one UY and 205 with the other. We transfer and then we have to call to use the points since transfer points between UY don't show up online. Then we risk getting locked out of tough resies like standard view studios at BWV during F&W. And recently we modified and changed resorts when we found BLT open so I had to call in to switch since I used transferred points. I also have some still left and may end up forgetting about them since I can't see them online. Just really irksome and I won't transfer again.

Try to stick with one UY. We have two and it can be very complicated. Especially since we have 50 BWV with one UY and 205 with the other. We transfer and then we have to call to use the points since transfer points between UY don't show up online. Then we risk getting locked out of tough resies like standard view studios at BWV during F&W. And recently we modified and changed resorts when we found BLT open so I had to call in to switch since I used transferred points. I also have some still left and may end up forgetting about them since I can't see them online. Just really irksome and I won't transfer again.
Our plan would be, if we got a different use year with OKW, to use those points on their own for a different trip. I would only stick with the same use year for SSR so those points could be combined with the ones we have. Our SSR would be used for a Dec or Jan trip every year and OKW for a summer trip every other year. I am not sure a Dec use year is good for those OKW points. I was thinking maybe Mar or April use year. Of course if we got to SSR add on we would just always get bigger rooms every year and forgo the extra trip until we added more points (this add-on thing is real).

Follow-up email sent. Thankfully we are getting ready to hit fall sports season so my time will be consumed with hauling kids to practice and watching them play rather than wondering when my place on the wait list will finally hit the top.

OMG! Another reason to hurry your guide. I finally logged on to my account today to make sure my add-on points were correct, and they gave me the full 2018 points! I was only expecting to get 2019 points since I have a Feb UY, so this was a bonus for me! I'm glad I checked, so I could bank those points before the Sept. 30th deadline. My next big date will be late Nov when I can book my late June trip. It'll be nice to have an extra 50 points to play with for that trip.

Any news on your end yet?

OMG! Another reason to hurry your guide. I finally logged on to my account today to make sure my add-on points were correct, and they gave me the full 2018 points! I was only expecting to get 2019 points since I have a Feb UY, so this was a bonus for me! I'm glad I checked, so I could bank those points before the Sept. 30th deadline. My next big date will be late Nov when I can book my late June trip. It'll be nice to have an extra 50 points to play with for that trip.

You are in your 2018 UY so you received 2018 points.

:earsboy: Bill

Anyone buying direct Sep, Oct and Dec UY points right now (August) will receive 2017 points because they are still in their 2017 use year. August and before get 2018 points.

Anyone buying direct Sep, Oct and Dec UY points right now (August) will receive 2017 points because they are still in their 2017 use year. August and before get 2018 points.
This is why I don’t really want to change my use year for the add on points, I want those 2017 points! I sent an email on Friday and he responded that he had nothing but said it should be soon. He has one more week and I am contacting another guide who was recommended to me. I feel like I was put off at the beginning and I don’t know, the amount of SSR and OKW they take I find it hard to believe I am still waiting. I may be unrealistic but after waiting all this time to just get the resale finalized (points are there!) I have no patience left.

Last edited:
I looked on one of the resale sites for contracts that they have listed but no longer available (pending sale or ROFR). There are about 5 each for SSR or OKW with 2017 points DEC use year. It is anyone’s guess how Disney works but business wise, if you have someone willing to buy the points and you can still make a profit those contract should be taken in ROFR to cover people waiting for those direct points. Granted there could be 20 people in line in front of me waiting for points so that variable is not covered. I am sure there are other variables as well, and maybe the profit isn’t that great, but why leave money on the table and waive the ROFR on those contracts?

Other than calling my guide, how do I go about finding out what the ballpark going rate is for SSR points direct through DVC? I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet, but I will be wanting about 100-120 SSR points in a year or so to support my RunDisney habit and want to start pricing things out a bit.

My hubby and I already bought direct (200 pts at CCV) so there may not be any advantage to going direct again, but the resale market seems a little overwhelming to me...

I looked on one of the resale sites for contracts that they have listed but no longer available (pending sale or ROFR). There are about 5 each for SSR or OKW with 2017 points DEC use year. It is anyone’s guess how Disney works but business wise, if you have someone willing to buy the points and you can still make a profit those contract should be taken in ROFR to cover people waiting for those direct points. Granted there could be 20 people in line in front of me waiting for points so that variable is not covered. I am sure there are other variables as well, and maybe the profit isn’t that great, but why leave money on the table and waive the ROFR on those contracts?

I agree to an extent. It seems it would be an easy "flip". However, it's just a few months before Dec and they very well may already be holding a whole lot of points for SSR or OKW that just can't be sold yet.

It was pointed out to me on another thread when I posted a similar thought, that they have a budget to work with. I suppose that makes sense.

Other than calling my guide, how do I go about finding out what the ballpark going rate is for SSR points direct through DVC? I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet, but I will be wanting about 100-120 SSR points in a year or so to support my RunDisney habit and want to start pricing things out a bit.

My hubby and I already bought direct (200 pts at CCV) so there may not be any advantage to going direct again, but the resale market seems a little overwhelming to me...
SSR is selling at $151 direct. There is no negotiating with direct.

I guess I just figured since all of the small contracts I’ve seen on the resale market don’t have 2018 points, the direct ones wouldn’t either. Thanks!
They can only sell contracts with current years' points on. They'll also always let you bank them, even after banking deadline.
They don't have to acquire small contracts to sell small contracts , they can break contracts down into smaller denominations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter