Bambi's Trip Report

jodyb

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone!

My name is Bambi. You may remember Bambi the famous star of movies and tales? Well, that's me – sort of. What I mean is, I am a stuffed doll, made in the likeness of the real original movie star Bambi.

My earliest memory is of being squashed in with about a hundred other look-alike dolls, all waiting impatiently to be bought. We lived on a cart (yes, a cart – not even a proper shop!) in Fantasyland, Walt Disney World, Florida. It was December, 2001, and lots and lots of kids were traipsing through the park, but very few stopped at my cart… until….

Hey! Here comes a little girl! She's with her grandma! Grandmas are always good for a purchase…. YES! She's going for us Bambis! "Pick me! Pick me!"
Oh Joy! She did pick me… and cuddled me, and said how adorable I was…. And do I even have to tell you that Grandma soon purchased me, and off we went! I was a little sorry to leave my comrades on the cart, but hey – this was my opportunity to live!!! :Pinkbounc

Ouch! The little girl (I found out her name was Liav and she'd come all the way from Israel to WDW on holiday with her Mom, Grandma, Aunt and cousins) stuffed me into her pouch, and it was a little crowded and I couldn't see much… but still, I got to ride some wild rides like Small World, Snow White… until we went back to the hotel. After that Liav left me in the room which was sort of boring except when the maid came and put me in various poses to please Liav when she would come back in the evenings from the parks.

A few days later I found myself stuffed into a suitcase with a bunch of other toys and clothes, and I wasn't let out until many hours and time zones later, when Liav unpacked in her room in Haifa. Aaaaahhhhh. A child's room!! Wouldn't those guys back on the cart be jealous!? And look! Friends! There's Pooh, and the Toy Story guys…even Mickey Mouse! I think I'm going to like it here!

f5441cb7.jpg

Liav found me a place of honor on one of her shelves, and I've pretty much lived there ever since.
I've even made friends with Liav's non-Disney dolls and toys… and life is good, although not much exciting happened to me….until….

I should tell you that my girl, Liav, is a Disney nut, along with her Mom. and they go to Disney parks once a year for extended trips. The Mom is mean, though, and only allows Liav to pack ONE DOLL each trip. Liav went back to WDW twice more, and to DLP last year.. but for each of those trips she chose Minnie Mouse as her companion.. sigh… :earsgirl:

But that all changed a couple of weeks ago!!! What happened you ask?? I went on a trip! To Paris!! When the mean Mom again said "just one doll!" I puffed myself up and made myself just as cute as could be, and then I held my breath until – YES! I was the chosen doll to go with Liav on her latest DLP trip!! :Pinkbounc
And what a trip it was… Let me tell you all about it! :cheer2:

f561a72e.jpg

Our first two nights were in a very fancy hotel called the Disneyland Hotel. This was my bed! Cool, huh? And the maids left chocolate on the pillow every evening!

f561a73c.jpg

Liav took me to Adventureland several times. Good thing I was with her – there are some dangerous creatures there that I had to fight! I always won of course. Whew!

f561a73f.jpg

Frontierland may look picturesque, but it can be pretty wild! I had several rides on the "wildest ride in the wilderness", but I rode in Mom's backpack…

f561a739.jpg

Liav and Mom really liked the food at this Mexican Restaurant. I kept the giant on the wall from coming down and causing mischief…

f561a752.jpg

Discoveryland is the coolest! It contains the famous but now defunct Space Mountain (which I rode several times inside the backpack…)

f561a733.jpg

I highly recommend Annette's Diner for a retro good time and some fun wait-staff! They even let me dance on the tables with them!

f561a759.jpg

This is me riding the train when Liav and Mom got tired of walking.

f54642dd.jpg

There is nothing quite as lovely as a boat cruise down the Seine on a sunny day in gay Paris!

f54642e0.jpg

Wow, the Eiffel Tower is HUGE. There's even a skating rink up here!

Well, all good things have to come to an end. At least I didn't get stuffed in a suitcase this time – I got to ride in the carry-on pack with the camera and other treasures! (I'm important!)

Here I am back home telling my friends in Liav's room all about my adventures. Mickey and Minnie tried to hide it but I know they were jealous.
Notice anything different about me??? It's PINS! Liav discovered them on this trip, and who better to show them off than her DLP companion – ME?
f543c8bb.jpg

f54369b2.jpg

Liav and I shared such a special time together – I think it brought us closer. She even takes me off the shelf now more often and lets me sit on the bed!

Well, that's my report – until next time! (Unless, oh horrors, she chooses another doll next time… or what if… oh even greater horror – what if she gets too big to bring a doll on holiday?????)

Tune in next year to see what happens!
Meanwhile, I wish you all fun times in Disneyland!!!

Bambi
:love:

Oh that is such a cool report Jody! I love your photos of Bambi!!

LOL this is sooooo touching I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face.Great Stuff. :wave2:

Bambi, what a lovely trip report:cool1:

Jody, you are a real "fun" mum, I hope I'm as much fun to my DD's as you are to Liav!

Elaine

GREAT report, Bambi !!!!

You're a very clever doll !!!! and a very LUCKY one, having such a girl as Liav!!!

Don't be afraid, Liav HAS to grow up - but you (and Disney -magic !!!!) :wizard: will always be part of her !!!!!! together with her wonderful mom and DLP sweet memories !!!!!!

BTW : those pins are really cool !!!!

( How would you like to come and visit Italy with Liav and mom ???)

:love: Laura

Laura,

I would LOVE to visit Italy. Now that I am a world traveler - there are no limits! I would especially like to meet nice people like you!!!

:Pinkbounc :love2: :Pinkbounc :love2:

Love,
Bambi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter