Banking Points Question

SuzGM84

Mouseketeer
Quick banking points question. If I bank my remaining 2017 points (Dec UY) this July, can I still use them in my 2017 UY (i.e. say Oct) or are they now 2018 points and can only be used in my 2018 UY (meaning Dec 18-Nov 19). This is a hypothetical and we do not intend to actually go in Oct (just trying to alleviate the "you'll never get a room in Oct b/c of Food and Wine, etc. etc." comments). Just trying to cover all possible scenarios for us as we'll have points leftover after our June trip and would like to try and rent them out.

If I bank my remaining 2017 points (Dec UY) this July, can I still use them in my 2017 UY (i.e. say Oct) or are they now 2018 points and can only be used in my 2018 UY (meaning Dec 18-Nov 19).

Banking and borrowing are both "final" transactions. That means once you bank or borrow pts, they remain in their new UY and must be used for a stay within that new UY. They cannot be moved again.

They get locked into 2018 points.

You could borrow some of your 2018 points to cover the 2017 UY trip, though.

Yep.

So, Suz, you could turn your December 2017-November 2018 points into December 2018-November 2019 points.

Then if something came up in your 2017 UY, you can borrow the “natural” December 2018-November 2019 points into 2017 UY points for that.

Thanks all for the information! So I'm likely going to bank my leftover 2017 UY points. However, if i go to make a reservation for say January 2019 (which is within my Dec 2018 UY), will it take from my banked points first? My plan is to use our banked points sometime in our 2018 UY (whether it be renting them or taking our own trip), then bank the full regular 2018 points to use in our 2019 UY so we can take our friends using two years worth of points (if that makes sense). I just want to be sure if I bank those points and then use them, i'll still be able to bank my 2018 points. While i see it all making sense in my head, i just foresee system glitches, bugs, etc. mucking up my well-laid plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!