Banner across page

are you talking about this banner

dis cookies.JPG

This because a new European Data Privacy Law called General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) became law on Friday 25 May 2018 here in Europe. Theres a whole load of new data rules, and this banner is one of them. The law states that any website which uses cookies for things such as Google Analytics, Google AdSense and a whole load more ways must inform users. The website must also have a privacy policy which gives inform on what cookies are used, what data is collected, why the data is collected, how long the data will be retained, where the data is stored and who has access to the data. It also gives website users the right to request the data that has been collected about them and for this data to be removed and deleted.

As this is a legal requirement, this Dis have to have this banner on the website. To remove it, you just need to click on Got It : )

I’m talking about this irritating banner at the bottom, which does not even completely display.
View attachment 325007

Yes! I have that same banner. It’s driving me nuts!
We tried to clear web browsers, make sure ad blockers are on, etc..... Nothing works! :badpc:
Right now, it’s not on Google Chrome, but it is on regular google and Safari.

Omg, I thought it was just me ! It's so annoying , and basically has made it impossible for me to navigate the Disboards ! And it's not the browser, and it doesn't even close out - it just moves, if you click on the tiny "X" on the right side of the banner ! And it's not the browser - I have tried changing browsers, and it's on both my iPad and my iPod, as well as my phone and my laptop ! Just started today -

HELP !

are you talking about this banner

View attachment 325002

This because a new European Data Privacy Law called General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) became law on Friday 25 May 2018 here in Europe. Theres a whole load of new data rules, and this banner is one of them. The law states that any website which uses cookies for things such as Google Analytics, Google AdSense and a whole load more ways must inform users. The website must also have a privacy policy which gives inform on what cookies are used, what data is collected, why the data is collected, how long the data will be retained, where the data is stored and who has access to the data. It also gives website users the right to request the data that has been collected about them and for this data to be removed and deleted.

As this is a legal requirement, this Dis have to have this banner on the website. To remove it, you just need to click on Got It : )

I've clicked on the banner, and all it does is override the Disboards and bring up some crazy spam-looking website that you can not close out !

That is weird. I haven't gotten it (yet) for Disboards. But I do get them on another website I go to. And only that website. Weird.

In the short term, re-enabled Peace (an aggressive, no longer available, content blocker).
Eliminates the banner and ads/zombie links at the bottom of the page:
4D765F2B-0FBF-4828-BB2B-E0FDA4F22AA6.png

DIS is working fine, but Peace causes problems with some sites.
I’ll need to research and buy a new blocker...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!