Barca33Runner's Journal: Thanks For Noticin' Me(Comments Welcome)

Barely have time to check-in tonight before going to sleep. I'm definitely going to have less time in the coming weeks between work and running to spend posting. Haven't been able to look at other threads today. I'm doing 4 miles each weekday with a rest on Friday before long runs on the weekend. I'm mixing in speed work when I can, but most days I take it pretty easy to avoid injury since I'm running a little low on rest with my work schedule being so demanding. Hope everyone is doing well.

Ugh, weight is such a tough thing and I think we all can be bad about getting down on ourselves when it's a struggle. You know that you've done it before though, so that also means you can do it again! Baby steps is a great strategy.

Good rest day today. Legs are feeling pretty good after getting back into a bit of a program, but it's always nice to relax for a day. Back to 6 and 10 this weekend. Thanks to everyone who is following along, I hope your runs are all going fantastic.

Special shout to @DopeyBadger this weekend. I haven't been following along as well as I should have for this attempt, but I know you will crush it.

For the month of October, in an attempt to prepare for my upcoming Half and to overcome the difficulties of my current schedule I have resolved to do the unthinkable; I am going to wake up at 5:30 AM each morning when I will be working to get my run/workout in before heading to work. This is a change that I need to make for myself. I love my sleep, but I need to do my training and I just can't convince myself to do it at 8:00 at night after a long day at work. I can't say I'm excited to do this, but I am excited for the results so I know that it will be worth it. Tomorrow is my day off, so I get to sleep to a normal time before I do my long run. Monday will be the first and most important test.

I hear you on loving sleep, but we also get up early to run. We know we can't trust ourselves to do it at night. Just remember the hardest step is just that first one out of bed. Once you manage that one the rest is easy. :)

Heading to sleep to try and get this new idea (for me) off to a good start. I may need some tough love in this one, or at least the threat of it, to keep me on track. The internal motivation is there so I don't think I'll need any external motivation, but I appreciate having this journal as accountability. I'm going to keep track here and post in the morning when I can to update whether or not I got up and did my run. I may need a swift, figurative kick in the pants if I post any bad news. With any willpower I hope to be posting bright and early about a successful day 1.

Good news. I'm 1/1. Time to turn this into a habit. Got my workout in and was in less of a rush to get out the door to work. Thanks @FFigawi, now I know I can’t mess up or I’ll get called out on my BS.

Realized I hadn’t updated my PoT for Marathon Weekend. I think when I registered I planned on lowering my PoT and that didn’t happen. Should be in under the gun. Active always makes me nervous because even though it said my information was updated the registration form is still blank in that section. I guess I’ll have to hope for the best.

Another successful early morning today. I think this may get easier as I am really enjoying the extra energy at work and the added sense of accomplishment. It was always tough for me kind of dreading whatever mileage I had planned for when I got home at night. No longer having that sense of obligation weighing on me throughout the day is kind of nice.

Another successful early morning today. I think this may get easier as I am really enjoying the extra energy at work and the added sense of accomplishment. It was always tough for me kind of dreading whatever mileage I had planned for when I got home at night. No longer having that sense of obligation weighing on me throughout the day is kind of nice.

Way to go. When it's tough to get out of bed, I often remind myself that I will feel so much better for the rest of the day if I just get up and do it!

Congrats on 2/2! Early morning runs are hard. My alarm goes off and my first thought is "nope" but you hit the nail on the head - there's this energy and sense of accomplishment that an early run fills you with. Some of my most productive days are the ones I go for a run on.

Keep it up! Tomorrow is 3/3! :)

Another good morning. I think my body is starting to adjust to the new routine. The first couple days did not feel good, but today wasn't as bad. I think McFly is super confused currently, but hopefully he gets used to the routine as well. My normal morning schedule I have to pull him off the bed to get him to go out before we leave. Now, I've just been heading to the basement and starting my workout and he comes down after about 5 minutes and finishes his sleep on the couch while I hit the treadmill. He's a little more awake by the time I'm done showering and a little more chipper heading out the door as well, so that's good.

Well, for one week the plan has worked. Friday is my rest day, so I get an extra 1:13 of sleep tomorrow. I’m really excited that I’ve been able to do this so far and even more excited for when it becomes a habit and something I truly look forward to rather than an obligation. I mean, I’ve said a lot of good things about how much better my days have been after waking up early and running, but I’m still not hopping out of bed in excitement.

Great to see you're able to stick with the early mornings! Inspired by you, I tried to wake up early yesterday to get my run in. Didn't work. I still got it in, just later in the afternoon!

It's such a tough adjustment to make -for me the hardest part is just actually waking up and getting out of bed. Once I get past that I'm good. Love, like you said, the sense of accomplishment and not having to work out in the evening, more time to sit on the couch! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter