Barney at Universal

Mish

DIS Veteran
I have a 2 1/2 yr old DS who loves barney and was wondering what they show was like at Universal and how much Barney stuff there is. Thanks Michelle

A Day in the Park with Barney is a phenomenal show for toddlers. The
show itself consists of a pre-show, a show with the actual characters and an interactive play area just for kids. My too-sophisticated 6yo, at the time, even enjoyed it! There is also the Barney Shop out front for souvenirs.

Actually, I'm kinda surprised how little Barrney stuff there is in the gift shop.

The show is very good as Robin says and there's a play area after the show (which you can just walk into from the shop) that's designed especially for little ones. A great place to bring them during those afternoon thunderstorms!

My 4 year old just loved the show! When he saw Scoobie, one of his favorites he said "Mom, that's not the real Scoobie you know" But when he left the Barney show he said "MOM, now that's the REAL Barney!!".

Also, Barney comes back out after the show for a photo op with the kids. I have a priceless picture of my then 20 month old hugging Barney...It's all she talked about for weeks! The funny thing was, she wouldn't go near Mickey or any of the other characters. We actually sat through the whole show twice. It was truely the highlicht of her trip.

I agree with the previous comment about not much in the giftshop. It was the same basic stuff you see at Target and Kmart, only more expensive of course.

One word of warning...After the pre-show in the queue area, you move inside the theater and sit down. The lights go off and there is a loud bang and then Barney appears in the middle of the stage in a puff of smoke. My daughter was fine, but some kids freaked out. You may want to warn little ones in advance!

Thanks everyone. I am sure he is just going to love the show. Not to sure about my DH and DD (17) they are just about Barnied out. But when they see how happy he is they will enjoy it too. Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter