Barnstormer as an adult

It’s fun, kids or not. However the ride is shorter than even Hippogriff over at Universal. It is not worth waiting more than 10mn for or prebooking a fp. FP are easy to come by, so just book a 4th+ to start soon when you’re in the area. Two shorter adults can fit together. Mom and I ride together the once a year or so that we do it. It’s a bit tight but we prefer that to sliding around.

There is no ride in Disney that can't be ridden as adult - because in Disney you don't age and if your not a kid, your a kid at heart!!! Enjoy!
Thanks y'all! I think I will remember these wise words next time i have this question. My profile pic is on dumbo at DL so it's not usually a concern for me. I just had a wrong impression of this ride!

I haven't ever ridden Barnstormer because I've always been with adults. But I'm hoping to bring a 5 or 6 year old soon so I want to do try it next visit just to see the intensity etc. Will I be out of place as a solo adult? TIA.
I rode Solo last week :-) no one even blinks.

I'm curious about this as well. How does it compare to other rides? Good for a teen who likes BTMRR but not Everest?
I would say no honestly, its a very short ride. IMHO its designed for the 3-6 year old that wants to go on a rollercoaster but can't do a big one yet. My older son (who was 6 at the time but 48") wanted to go on it last time and I went with him, but I really don't know why he did besides it was a thing and I think he remembered it bigger than it is. He went on BTMRR, Mine train and on Everest once.
As an adult, I hate it, cars are small, queue sunny and long and the ride is short.

Having said that, if you want to ride by yourself, go for it, I hate it when people judge someone for wanting to do something they find fun in the name of it being childish. Most of the stuff that was fun when we were kids, is still fun, people have just convinced themselves that adults are supposed to be boring...

Last edited:
My wife and I rode it on our last trip without kids and we didn't feel weird about it. I don't see a difference in riding that or dumbo by yourself as an adult.

I haven't ever ridden Barnstormer because I've always been with adults. But I'm hoping to bring a 5 or 6 year old soon so I want to do try it next visit just to see the intensity etc. Will I be out of place as a solo adult? TIA.

In Disney you are never out of place to ride any of the rides alone as an Adult. But wait....do we still call ourselves “Adults” one we pass the beautiful arch? 🤷🏻‍♀️

I just did the same thing for my daughter. I went on by myself

I’ve never been on a shorter ride. I was so confused when we got to the end. “Does it loop a few times or something?” Then they unlocked the lap bars. 😆 Definitely grab a fast pass for it (they’re always available via refresh). I was shocked so many people waited standby for it.

I used to ride it with my son and found it fast and jerky for a child's ride. He enjoyed it, but I don't ride it anymore, but not because of how I might look to others. I find 7DMT much smoother for this older adult now. 😏

I’ve never been on a shorter ride. I was so confused when we got to the end. “Does it loop a few times or something?” Then they unlocked the lap bars. 😆 Definitely grab a fast pass for it (they’re always available via refresh). I was shocked so many people waited standby for it.

We went on it once during an extra magic evening hour so we just walked on. But that was our feeling as well. It felt like 90 seconds or something. It took us longer to get off the ride. :laughing:

Definitely not! We went in April and when there was no big line, my kids wanted to ride it again and again. It is such a tight fit for two (for my kids, who are older than 5 or 6, and for me and my size), I bang a knee or something getting in and out, and some seats are worse to me than other like the ones where the wings are right overhead. A few times I told them I want to ride single rider, no problem. It's not out of place. Ridiculously short ride time, though.

Well my two teens did it. They were laughing that it was 15 seconds long and were happy they had a FP. They liked it but wouldn’t even walk back to that area to do it again when they had the choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!