Based on food alone--PSB vs. CRT?

jkmmah

DIS Veteran
We just did CRT breakfast last month and both dd's loved it. When we go back next month I'm considering PSB but haven't decided for sure yet. I realize the princesses will be much the same with the exception of Cinderella, and Jasmine will be at PSB where she wasn't at CRT. But, characters aside, based on the food quality and variety alone, is PSB pretty similar to CRT, or better, or worse? Thanks!

CRT, I thought this was a far better experience in regards to food, character interaction and atmosphere.

palmtreegirl,
Our thoughts exactly. We loved CRT, but have no interest in returning to PSB.

jkmmah,
Even though we didn't like PSB as much, that doesn't mean that your family wouldn't. Opinions differs. Try it, then you won't always wonder if you would have enjoyed it. ::yes::

We just did the PSB and the food wasn't that great. The rolls were good and the eggs, but the potatoes and the bacon and sausage were pretty bad. The princesses rushed right through, so i don't think it was worth the price.

CRT's is the lesser of both of these lousy "food" meals. I like the yogurt and granola thing they have over the eggs with the french toast drenched in sauce.

PSB IHMO is awful, won't go back, done with it. We've tried it 3x and the food has never gotten over "mediocre" or has it come out hot. Overpriced and over-rated. (maybe they just see us coming LOL!)

VERY HAPPY to see they've added many more princess meet n greets in the parks so that those of us who not only get "locked" out of these breakfasts or don't want to spend a small fortune on lousy food now have the alternative to meet the princesses in the park at no "extra cost".

We did the Storybook Breakfast and I actually thought the food was really good. We even asked for a second skillet! Character interaction was decent.. nothing too long.. LTT was much better! But this was a dinner.

We just returned yesterday, and we did both PSB and CRT. I am not sure what "French toast soaked in syrup" thing another poster was referring to...we did not get french toast with our meal...instead, we got this yummy cream filled pastry topped with fresh, warm blueberry sauce...it was SOOO good!!! I actually saw a waiter taking a whole plate of them to a table...I guess they had requested extras!

I think the food at CRT was MUCH, MUCH better than the food at PSB, and as the restaurant is much smaller, we got to see the characters more than once. I DEFINITELY recommend CRT over PSB.

:wave:

Beca

I've done both breakfast 4 times each now and I've come to the decision that CRT has a much better breakfast. My DH and two DDs ages 5 and 8 agree.

We ate at PSB this past November and my 5 year old ate absolutely NOTHING. My 8 year old ate some fruit and the cinnimon rolls. That's it.

At CRT they enjoy the French toast sticks. Just seems like they ate more at CRT.

Good luck deciding.

We just did both CRT & PSB this week. I would have to say we enjoyed the food better at CRT even though I thought PSB wasn't bad. I preferred the potatoes at CRT than PSB ( I think they had too much sour cream in them). The cinnamon rolls at PSB were better than then ones at CRT (aweful in my opinion). They were just very dry. The blueberry pastry was Yummy! I would say the eggs,sausage and bacon were about the same. But if I was to do only one again I would pick CRT.

Oh, Jasmine was at CRT when we where there Tuesday. Mulan was the only difference, she was at PSB.

food alone? CRT all the way! not that psb food was "bad" it's just that crt food was "extra good!" :)

CRT!! We did both last Dec. and we will not do PSB again. The food was cold and we were there when they opened. We like the food at CRT alot better.

Another vote for CRT. We did both last week. The food at PSB was ok, but nothing special. I loved the stuffed french toast at CRT. I asked for seconds of that and the potatoes. I also liked the pastry basket at CRT better than the cinnamon buns at PSB - much more of a selection. The best thing about CRT though is getting into Fantasyland right when the park opens. We finished our breakfast a few minutes before 9:00 and were walk on rides.

Well, we did both last week and as far as food goes- we weren't really impressed with eitehr. If I had to choose based on food, I'd say PSB- they had a little more to offer. However, the atmosphere at CRT cannot be beat! The princess interaction at both seemed rushed- more so at PSB- Jasmine was literally running between tables! Of course, we do these meals for the princesses for our DD5- we don't really go for the food. Good luck!

Another vote for CRT over PSB, having tried both on consecutive days this November. Everyone in our party really enjoyed the food at CRT. My dad had a hard time deciding between the regular and healthy meals, so our great waiter, Scott, brought him both! PSB's meal was edible, but just not as good, in our opinion. And as for the atmosphere and princess interaction, CRT wins hands down! I don't think one princess at PSB spent more than 30 seconds at our table, which was disappointing to my DD4. If you can get CRT, I say go for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter