Bay Lake Tower price per point?

abadie007

Earning My Ears
I see that normally the average price per point at Bay Lake Tower is about $148 -$155 for around 150 points. On one site I found it for 160 points at $135 per point. Two questions is this legitimate? Is this price point a red flag for Disney's ROFR? I'm new to this whole process looking to buy a resale contract and not wanting to get screwed. Thanks for the help. Kevin

Look at the ROFR thread on this website to get an idea of what price point most contracts are passing. Asking price can be higher than what people are actually paying resale since everything is negotiable.

In terms of whether or not it is legit, if it is a broker, then most likely it is. There are a lot of them out there that offer DVC for sale.

Look at the ROFR thread on this website to get an idea of what price point most contracts are passing. Asking price can be higher than what people are actually paying resale since everything is negotiable.

In terms of whether or not it is legit, if it is a broker, then most likely it is. There are a lot of them out there that offer DVC for sale.
Great help.
Thank-you
Kevin

As long as it's with a legitimate broker, you won't get screwed. Prices can be all over the map and the asking price can vary for many reasons. Some people price low for a quick sale. Bigger contracts may be priced lower. Stripped contracts will be priced lower. The lower the price, the higher the chance that Disney exercises ROFR, but that should not be a reason for you to not make an offer if the contract interests you. Good luck!

I see that normally the average price per point at Bay Lake Tower is about $148 -$155 for around 150 points. On one site I found it for 160 points at $135 per point. Two questions is this legitimate? Is this price point a red flag for Disney's ROFR? I'm new to this whole process looking to buy a resale contract and not wanting to get screwed. Thanks for the help. Kevin
One thing to remember, you can always negotiate. I’ve seen a lot of BLT, mine included, pass through around $132-135 lately. If one seller says no try another contract there are a lot out there. There was one I liked priced around $145 and I offered $130 knowing I’d go as high as $135. They said no so I moved on and got my points for the $135 I was shooting for. Disney has not been buying back as many contracts lately as they did in the first half of last year.

Loaded versus stripped can also matter. If you view points as being worth $16-$17 each use (that's what you can rent them for), knowing you will pay the maintenance fees of $7 per point, each extra year worth of points can be viewed as being worth $9-10. So a fulled loaded contract with banked points may be worth $20 more than a stripped contract.

On a separate note, some agencies are consistently 5% to 10% lower than others on some contracts. A couple of agencies tend to have more distressed sellers, who are wanting to sell in hours, not days or weeks and they charge a lower commission, so they tend to have lower prices. These agencies could have "worse" customer service and response time, but they don't represent a scam risk, just a patience and frustration risk.

I see a contract on Fidelity consistent with your description. They are reputable, but some folks express frustration with their responsiveness. I have bought from them and had no issues. I have not seen a single person complaining about being ripped off by them. I have seen many people complain about customer service and responsiveness. I have also seen many people describe great experiences with them, including mine. My guess is it is sold already, but if it matches your needs, I would not be afraid it is a scam. One of the complaints folks have expressed is the web site is not up to date.

I'm currently in ROFR with BLT contract for 160 at $135. I was seeing the same thing as I was price shopping. Other websites were listing above $145, but I looked at ROFR thread to look at the history of passed BLT contracts with similar points and they were some clearing in the $130s ranges. You can always offer lower to the listed price and you be surprise if that take it. My first offer for a BWV didn't work out (I offered $5 lower than listed, seller only moved $3 lower than listed), but this BLT contract was taken at first offer price. I was ready to counter up, but didn't have to do that since they took the first offer. Buying resale does take patience with the whole process, but worth the savings. Good luck!

Which agency offers lower prices?
You can offer a lower price with any agency. Asking price is just that - "asking." Agency A could have a price of $145 and agency B could have a price of $155. You can offer a price of $137 to either one. If you don't get one contract, move onto the next.

I paid $121pp a few years ago and had some regret -- it was a higher priced contract for the time and I definitely could have bargained it down.

Nice to see it looking like a good deal right about now

I am in the process of buying a BLT resale. I have been watching the market tor a while. A 125 point contact came up a couple of weeks ago @ $140 a point (points coming in 2021). Within a hour, I bid the asking price. Based on what I’ve seen lately, it was a good price. I am working with dvcresalemarket.com. They respond to my questions very quickly. They have been keeping me informed at each step of the process. Currently the contract is awaiting the ROFR. Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞.

Its irrelevant. They are going to try to get as much for the buyer as they can. They are legally required to present an offer to the buyer.
If a buyer really needs to unload he may ask 160 and take 130. If another can wait, they may ask 160 and settle for no less than 155.

Its more the seller than the agency. Deal with a reputable agency.

Note that any contract that can not close until a certain date (because they have a pending reservation) will probably be a lot less willing to wiggle

A slightly different question - which are the agencies that charge lower commission to Sellers?

Fidelity. Granted, their website isn’t updated as often as it should be and communication isn’t the greatest. However, I overlook these factors as I’ve saved several thousand dollars with them vs. negotiated pricing on comparable contracts with other agencies. Of course, this won’t hold true for every contact, but has been my overall experience.

How have they been communication wise?

I have had very good luck. Filled out form on Thursday night to list a contract. Heard back within an hour, Sent back info Friday morning, Heard back Friday afternoon they needed something else, By yesterday morning, contract listed on the website,

The agent I dealt with Jamie responds to emails always within a short time! I sold in October as well, and same level of service!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!