BCV / CCV 1 bed End August

PoohBears#1fan

DIS Veteran
BCV & CCV are both my home resorts, next week my 11 month window opens for our August 2020 trip. We're going with good friends and need 2 x 1 bedrooms, ideally we'd like to end up at BCV for the entire 14 nights.

Which way round would you book it at 11 months? My thinking is to book the 8/22 - 8/29 at BCV and 8/29 - 9/5 at CCV then move the 2nd week to BCV at 7 months (if it's not available it's not the end of the world but just the preference), but now I'm worrying about availability but which week will be the easiest to get at BCV.

Hopefully I'm over thinking this, but which way round would you book this?

Thank you.

8/29-9/5 will fall over Labor Day weekend. I’d book that week using your BCV points. And book 8/22-8/29 your CCV points at CCV. You are less likely to have trouble switching 8/22-8/29 to BCV than the Labor Day weekend week.

It’s like the surface of the sun in Orlando then, so SAB may be popular over Labor Day weekend.

8/29-9/5 will fall over Labor Day weekend. I’d book that week using your BCV points. And book 8/22-8/29 your CCV points at CCV. You are less likely to have trouble switching 8/22-8/29 to BCV than the Labor Day weekend week.

It’s like the surface of the sun in Orlando then, so SAB may be popular over Labor Day weekend.

That’s really helpful, Thank you 😊

The Labor Day weekend really has little impact on the decision since it does not start until Friday, Sep 4, the last night you want, and you would book at 7 months out from Aug 29 if you changed that week, which gives you a start date a week before the Labor Day weekend begins. Thus, I doubt how you you do the reservations at 11 months out makes any significant difference. However, which resort to which you want to change at 7 months out will likely make a difference. CCV's demand patterns are still developing but it is now consistently showing more difficulty at 7 months out to switch to than BCV, including for 1BRs, and likely your better chance is going to be switching to BCV for one of the weeks at 7 months out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter