BCV ground floor or upper floor with toddler?

erin1715

DIS Veteran
From what I've read, most people recommend requesting an upper floor room for the privacy mostly. However, we have a daughter who will be 14 months old at the time of our trip and is very mobile. I'm wondering if having a ground floor could be nice so that when she wants room to explore we can just step right outside. For those with littles, do you think having a ground floor is worth it for that purpose? Or would you still opt for an upper floor room?

I would opt for ground floor for the simple reason that you won't have to wait for an elevator to leave the resort with a stroller. We had a 20 month old when we stayed at BCV and our only request was "near elevator," which we got, but when using the main elevators (coming and going) we sometimes had to wait because there was a stroller or ECV going in. (that said, we were using a double stroller at the time).

Nope - not worth it. The ability to roam from your ground floor door out into the property is extremely limited. Most villas will have a small concrete pad surrounded by nearly impenetrable bushes and woodchips. Better to head out into the hallway on any floor for space to roam.

Sometimes creatures will hide in that shrubbery, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts