BCV Hot Tub & Pool Damage

StephenKay

DVC Member VWL 2001
Hi there,

Firstly let me say that I am not having a go at the BCV, we love it. We stayed for 11 nights in in a 1bdr, Room 338, very nioce it was too. Third floor and very central view facing the pool.

Get to the point I hear you say, we whilst spending at least 40 mins every night in the hot tub you could not help but notice the cracking along the length of the tub facing the canal. The cracks had spilt the tiles and are very sharp, watch your feet. Similar cracks we in the pool on the canal side near the entry steps. I did try to report this, plus the fact that the hot tub does not bubble at all, but this fell on deaf ears apart from a lifeguard who popped round to clean the muck of the tub wall, he knew of the damage but was not at all bothered by it and mentioned the bubbles had not been working properly for sometime.

Don't be put off, BCV is a great resort!!!

::MickeyMo :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

We used to have a pool like that-it would develop cracks just naturally from the ground shifting, nothing had been done by people to cause that damage. However, you'd think Disney might at least invest in some grinding wheels to smooth off the edges, otherwise, if they're sharp, which they can well be, those edges can cause cuts, which could cause injury, lawsuits, etc. etc. I don't know the history of the bubbles though-anyone else?

They weren't working when we stayed there in April. One night, the hot tub in the quiet pool was so hot it was like we were cooking in there! We gave up, and used the hot tub in the other quiet pool (the one attached to the regular BC).

:rotfl: SELF SERVICE THEY EXPECT YOU TO MAKE YOUR OWN :rotfl: :rotfl:
StephenKay said:
Hi there,

Firstly let me say that I am not having a go at the BCV, we love it. We stayed for 11 nights in in a 1bdr, Room 338, very nioce it was too. Third floor and very central view facing the pool.

Get to the point I hear you say, we whilst spending at least 40 mins every night in the hot tub you could not help but notice the cracking along the length of the tub facing the canal. The cracks had spilt the tiles and are very sharp, watch your feet. Similar cracks we in the pool on the canal side near the entry steps. I did try to report this, plus the fact that the hot tub does not bubble at all, but this fell on deaf ears apart from a lifeguard who popped round to clean the muck of the tub wall, he knew of the damage but was not at all bothered by it and mentioned the bubbles had not been working properly for sometime.

Don't be put off, BCV is a great resort!!!

::MickeyMo :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

pmcpmc said:
:rotfl: SELF SERVICE THEY EXPECT YOU TO MAKE YOUR OWN :rotfl: :rotfl:

I don't know whether to laugh or go EWWWWWWWWW!!! I remember OKW's main one was down for a few days - i was very glad it was repaired before i left!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter