BCV trip report

Beca

Apparently, we all have more money than brains!!!
Hi Everyone!!

Sorry it took me so long to write this. I went swimming with my dd at SAB (even though I know I am not supposed to), and came home with a massive sinus infection...so, I have been "under the weather" for a few days.

We were at BCV from March 24-31st, in a studio. This was our first "entirely" studio stay...and, it certainly reinforced how much we LOVE our 1bdrms!!! For most of the stay, it was just me and my dd...and I STILL missed our kitchen and washer/dryer!! I am SOOOO spoiled!!! I did use the laundry facilities on the 4th floor...they were very nice, but not as nice as "in room".

We arrived at BCV around 1PM on the 24th. Our room had not been assigned, and we were thrilled to be given a room when we arrived!!! :cool1: We have never gotten into a room at BCV before 4-5pm. We were assigned room 231, and were pleased with the room. It has a woods view, and if we looked to the left, we had an "obstructed" view of Illuminations. The room itself seemed to be in great shape. One interesting thing I noted was that the maids are now "tipping" the patio chairs after a room is cleaned. I guess this is to keep them cleaned after each cleaning. It was definitely a nice idea.

The new furnishings for the Beach Club lobby have started arriving. I definitely miss the old ones!! They new chairs are slipcovered in a beige and white stripe fabric, and they have "throw pillows" with palm trees on them. The new rugs are in. The colors are similar, but the colors go out in a "sunburst" pattern. The new design is not bad...just more "modern". I did not see any sign of the lifesize sandcastle metioned by the GM at the members' meeting.

We went to 1900 PF for our "arrival dinner", and we were a little disappointed with some of the "changes" that WDW is making to its kids' menu. They are trying to take out all of the "fried" and "junky" options for kids' food (like "Mickey" nuggets), but unfortunately for us, this also includes our BELOVED "corn dog nuggets" at the buffet. We also missed seeing the fairy godmother at the entrance to the buffet. Now that she is the "host" of the dinner at the Castle, they actually shuttle her between the GF and the Castle to do both shows. That means that we did not see her when we entered or left the dinner. But, it was still enjoyable.

However, the changes in the menus at the counter service restaurants in the parks were VERY good. We really enjoyed the pizzas at Gepetto's (or, whatever that restaurant by IASWAA is called).

After dinner, we went to Epcot to check out the Disney Gallery and see what new artwork had been released (we collect Disney art). We were told that our favorite original of Ariel was still at DTD (we thought it was $1200...it turned out being $1870...out of our price range), so we booked it over to DTD to buy Ariel. We were disappointed to find out that is was more than we remembered, but we found a great Snow White picture that we had to have....so, a really good start to a trip!!! :cool1: However, I have to say...DTD was CRAZY!!!! It was packed, and people were REALLY grumpy that night. I was reminded why I don't care for DTD that much. Maybe it was just Friday night....but, it was insane!! On a side note....SSR did look VERY beautiful from DTD!!

The crowds at MK were really awful on Saturday, but by Sat. evening things were pretty much a "walk-on". A CM over by Aladdin's Magic Carpets told us that things were supposed to get really crazy on Sunday, March 26th....that was their "biggest spring break week", and that all CM's were required to work 6 days that week. She wasn't lying.....crowds were even worse starting on Sunday. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were really bad....fastpasses at Soarin' were gone each day before noon. By Thursday, I think people were tired, and doing the "hotel" thing...the parks were noticably less crowded.

The weather was REALLY nice until Friday, when it got humid and sticky....we were really lucky on that front.

Our friends checked into BCV on Sun, March 26th, and were given 222. They loved their room, as they had a GREAT view of Illuminations....they made a point of watching them from their balcony every evening.

All in all, it was a GREAT trip!!! A few things worth noting:

1) The hamburgers at Hurricane Hanna's are NOT the same burgers that are served at B&C....I don't care what anyone says....very disappointing.

2) The pool temps at SAB seemed a little cool, but overall...fine.

3) I always thought the pastries at France were about as good as they could get....but, I swear....the ones in Norway are even better!!! My dd wanted the chocolate covered cinnamon roll, and I thought it was the best, until I had the apple danish....oh my goodness!!! The apples tasted like they had been plucked fro a tree that morning!! I don't think I have ever had anything "apple" that good in my entire life....I cannot recommend them highly enough.

4) The boardwalk was busier than I have ever seen it...it was definitely a "happening" place!!

5) This was our first time to use ME and Disney transportation. I really prefer having my car...but, getting to MK was nice with the busses...we may keep that. ME....we were the third stop upon our arrival...I found myself getting a bit anxious to get to the hotel!!!

6) The character greeting at Epcot never had a line longer than 10 minutes...it was a really great place to see the characters.

7) We did see Art when we arrived...and he was happier and chipper than I have ever seen him!! Our dd spent the rest of our trip running down to the lobby to see if "Mr Art" was working.

We had a great trip, and it was wonderful to go "home" again. I do have to say however, that I really prefer going in the "cooler", less-crowded times. I found a lot of people were "edgy" and "pushy". I guess we just don't see that so much in early December. :confused3

I'm sure I am forgetting a thousand things....but, I really wanted to get this posted. We had a great time, and cannot wait to go back in December!!!

:wave:

Beca

Thanks for the interesting report Beca. I've made a note about the Norway apple danish for my trip in a few weeks' time. :thumbsup2

3) I always thought the pastries at France were about as good as they could get....but, I swear....the ones in Norway are even better!!! My dd wanted the chocolate covered cinnamon roll, and I thought it was the best, until I had the apple danish....oh my goodness!!! The apples tasted like they had been plucked fro a tree that morning!! I don't think I have ever had anything "apple" that good in my entire life....I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Thanks for the report! Norway is one of my favorite dessert spots, too!

SOunds like you really enjoyed BCV with your daughter!

Thanks for the great report, Beca. :thumbsup2 We also prefer the quieter months at WDW. Sounds like you guys had a great trip.

johnny

I'm glad to read that you had such a nice time, Beca! Our next visit is actually over Mother's Day weekend to BCV, and we can't wait to be there!

Bobbi :Pinkbounc

was on March 26th and we went to the MK and yes, Becca you were most certainly correct. It was mobbed!!!!!!!!! I am glad that was our last day and we did just a few things that we didn't get to do.........also, I am making a mentalnote to try those pastries in Norway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobbiwoz said:
I'm glad to read that you had such a nice time, Beca! Our next visit is actually over Mother's Day weekend to BCV, and we can't wait to be there!

Bobbi :Pinkbounc

We'll be there also for Mother's Day - my first stay at BCV and I can't wait!!!
:cool1:

Welcome back and thank you for the great trip report. Sounds like you had a great time.

Looks like your 'humor me' thread has a lot of homework on it for you. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the great report, Beca! You've made me more anxious than ever to get "home" to BCV in September. Can I trust that you left some gelato for me in the BC Marketplace?
BTW, please check my post on the CB re Lewisville/Dallas area DISers.

travelin' tigger said:
We'll be there also for Mother's Day - my first stay at BCV and I can't wait!!!
:cool1:

You'll love it! It's my DMom's first stay at BCV. DH and I have always been able to get BCV for a Flower Show stay. This time we're in 2 studios.

Bobbi :cheer2:

Thanks for sharing, I love the positive BCV reports--maybe, just maybe I will try it again!

Glad you had such a great trip! We are headed to WDW in May and it will be our first stay at BCV...we can't wait. Reading these reports makes me even more excited! :sunny:

Thanks for the report, Beca. Could you explain with a bit more detail about the changes they are making to the kids' menu? If they are trying to remove most of the fried items, what are the replacement offerings?

Welcome back! Glad you had a good trip!!

I too would love to get a very nice piece of Disney Art to hang somewhere. Right now we are in a transition house, meaning we are here for a couple of years before we buy (or build) a home that we are going to stay in for the long haul so I don't want anything yet. Ok, just rambling but you get the idea.

I like going off season times too :) Much more relaxed.

Welcome back.

Beca said:
Great report, Beca! DH and I like to pick up a couple of pastries in France every trip. Sounds like we'll have to try the pastries in Norway next time. Is it actually still called a "danish" if you buy them in Norway? :teeth:

welcome back, Beca! glad to read you had a wonderful trip with your daughter - and thanks for the "applicious" hint on Norway!! I'll have to check it out in May.. :wave2: it's really nice to see you on the boards again

Michelle

Beca said:
The new furnishings for the Beach Club lobby have started arriving. I definitely miss the old ones!! They new chairs are slipcovered in a beige and white stripe fabric, and they have "throw pillows" with palm trees on them. The new rugs are in. The colors are similar, but the colors go out in a "sunburst" pattern. The new design is not bad...just more "modern". I did not see any sign of the lifesize sandcastle metioned by the GM at the members' meeting.

Excellent trip report Beca, welcome back!! Hope you are feeling better. Don't suppose you took any pics of the above?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter