BCV TV question

SyrCinderella

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if there are any a/v out hookups on the tvs or cable boxes? We have a personal video recorder that I was considering bringing with us to time shift a few programs, but wasnt sure if there would be any way to hook it up. We will be there during season premere week, and thought it would be fun to have the programs available after we are home for the night.

We are really excited about our first trip home in just 2 weeks!!

I think they have them in the 1 BR and 2 BRs,

but not in the studios....

Anyone else know....

Haven't tried it, but though there was an AV jack, that is used to connect to the DVD players in the living room.

Goldi

Thanks for the reply! We will be in an 1 bedroom. Regarding the hook up you mentioned - is that an in (used to play the DVD through the TV) or an out (to send the signal to another device) though? We would need an out (out of the cable box if there is one or out of the TV, and into our PVR) to receive the programs to record.

We are soo excited about our first trip ever as DVC members!!

Check to see if your programs will be on. Their cable is poor.

manning- Thanks for the heads-up. From your post Im guessing they just have nbc, abc,cbs? Probably not fox?

Anyone ever tried to do time shifting in a villa? I know, we will be so busy enjoying WDW that we probably wont have much time to watch. But we like to relax in the evening and for those times of the year when things close early, it would be nice to know.

Can't answer your question whether they have A/V output jacks or not. Obviously they have some kind of input jacks (for the DVD player to play on the TV)

Does your PVR have it's own tuner, or does it only receive an A/V signal? I'm guessing it's strictly A/V but if it can tune, then you could probably hook the regular 75-ohm TV cable directly to the PVR. The DVC resort TV's are strictly cable, there's no cable box.

As mentioned, the channels are pretty limited. Basically the 3-networks, and anything that's ABC-Disney related, plus a lot of WDW specialty channels (such as DVC sales, etc)

Do you have another VCR at home that you could program. Assuming you're VHS, you can get 8-hour tapes (at EP, so quality isn't the best), but you could still pre-program 8-hours worth of shows. (If your home is cable using a cable box, or satellite, then you would be limited to just being able to record one network, unless your cable box/satellite box is capable of operating the VCR) (We have DirectTV and the satellite box has an IR output that will control the VCR's on/off and record functions. We set the shows to record on the Satellite box, not on the VCR)

I'm assuming you don't have TIVO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter