• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be careful with CRO!

lookingforward

DIS Veteran
We have had a long planned three day trip to Disney right around Christmas. It has been my dream for long time to stay at the Grand Floridian in the main building concierge at this time of year so I booked a room at the Florida Resident rate (we moved to FL) in plenty of time. I called CRO to inquire about "Possible" availability if we decided to arrive a day later than planned and leave a day later. (move back our stay one day)

The problem was this: I first asked if we could arrive a day later than planned and stay a day later. I was just asking about availability. My specific wording was "Could you check on availibility for these days?" While she was checking I realized this would NOT work because we had pre paid our candlelight processional for the first day of our trip so I said "Oh, never mind, we need to be there on the first night as planned". At which time the CM said "Oh, I already changed your reservations, now I will have to get back your original arrival date..please hold"

I said "What do you mean you changed my reservation..I just asked you to check, I never said to make the switch!" Well, I am sure you all know what happened then.....she came back to the phone and said "Oh, I am sorry, I can't get you a room in the GF on the original night of arrival, someone must have "grabbed" your reservation" I got really upset because I NEVER asked her to change the ressie I simply asked her to check. She said she was sorry but there was nothing she could do. She sounded kind of put off by my anger (although I never lost my temper or was rude I made it clear that she was the one who jumped the gun). She was about to end the call when I insisited that I talk with a supervisor. After hanging on the phone for a long time Carlos from guest services came on the phone and thankfully, he was very, very kind. It took well over an hour (at my long distance expense) to get that night back on my ressie. (turns out that the original ressie, even though it was "off" the system, was really still on the system and would be dropped off by the computer that night. Guest Services was able to retrieve the first night before the computer updated at the end of the day, so noone actually "grabbed" my room at all.)

The moral of the story, ALWAYS write down the cm's name that you are talking to. It helped that I knew the cm's name when speaking with her and then with Carlos. And ALWAYS ask to speak with someone higher on the chain of command because according to the original cm there was "nothing" they could do about it. And of course, after speaking with Carlos, I knew that was not really true.

One of the many reasons I don't go through CRO, period.
Glad it worked out for you. It would be nice if they gave you some sort of perk to cover your time, $ and frustration. You deserve that at least.

Whenever I am checking availability I NEVER mention my existing ressie, because of all the problems that have been described on this board in doing so. Even if I plan to switch my plans, I always book the new ressie first (without ever mentioning the other one), they charge me one night's stay on my credit card. I THEN cancel the existing one and have them credit my card (I don't like the way they handle "transferring monies" , either). What happens then is that when I get my cc statement there is simply a debit and a credit- no big deal.

Originally posted by lookingforward
And ALWAYS ask to speak with someone higher on the chain of command because according to the original cm there was "nothing" they could do about it. And of course, after speaking with Carlos, I knew that was not really true.

I am not in anway defending what the CM did or what CRO at ALL, but I used to work in a call center. Sometimes a supervisor is required, because the agent has done all that they can do. The person probably didn't know how to get that reservation back.

Once again, not saying it makes up for the ineptitude of switching without you having requested one, I'm just sayin' is all! :)

You're right about going higher up! If you don't get what you want, always ask for a supervisor!

I also am a recent CRO victim. I had changed ressies for ASMu using a discount code I'd gotten from mousesavers that was going to save 140.00 which was enough to pay for my nights at Daytona Beach after our trip to WDW. When I got to check in imagine my surprise when the grouchy CM told me the balance was 140.00 more than I had planned on. I explained the situation and she rudly said there was nothing she could do. my reply was "So you're telling me I'm screwed?" she said "Yeah, basically. Or you could leave." I wish I could have gotten her name but she didn't even have a name tag on! So I paid up. What else was I going to do my dd had just ridden 14 hrs by car to get there and she was very very good the whole way. None of the requests I'd made on the ressies were honored and this CM had an attitude problem but fortunatly this was the only downer for the whole trip. I should have known something was up when I didn't get an updated reservation confermation from CRO but it had been a while since I'd been and with all the cahnge the company has made I thought maybe they had done away with this. They had not and it cost me..

I know form personal experience that CRO will not stand behind their written and mailed confirmation. So that may not have done it anyway. And mine wasn't a case of getting something for nothing. It was just getting what I was told with the confirmation to back it up. Those pieces of paper don't mean anything if they decide not to abide by them.
Too bad you had such an aggravating $140 start to your vacation. Hopefully it went uphill from there. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter