Be My Valentine February Exercise Challenge

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Please know that I'm not liking your post because you're sick but rather because that's the way I keep track of adding the minutes for everyone. Hope you feel much, much better very soon!

Thank you!. I am feeling better for the most part. I am starting to think it is stress related.

I have no minutes to report, as I subbed both Thursday and Friday, and was too busy with family stuff after I got home for an organized workout. But at least I took the stairs at both schools! (Every little fitness decision helps, right?)

And I'm loving the Disney couple facts. :lovestruc

Got up early this morning and got back on track. 15 minutes of yoga and 15 on the mini-trampoline.

New total = 90/500

Sorry I've been MIA. I've been debating throwing my computer against a wall and watching it shatter into useless pieces since that's how it has been behaving lately. But that would be mean to the innocent wall. Thankfully, after hours of scanning and downloading, I finally think I have the computer healed and working properly again. Fingers crossed. . .

I purchased the Life magazine special edition on Walt Disney over last weekend and there was a really sweet picture of the baby deer that they had brought into the studio and Walt sketching them for the production of Bambi. It was soo sweet. :love:

I'll have to look for that edition. Thanks for mentioning it!

Donald and Daisy Duck are stopping by to help celebrate our new color changes!

donald-duck-clipart-love-12.jpg

lovesmurfs has reached One and Only Orange and I, Twilight Sparkle, have reached Passionate Purple! Way to go!!!! :donald::donald::donald:

Donald and Daisy made their first appearance together in the 1940 cartoon Mr. Duck Steps Out. Disney's Fandom site describes the beginning of their relationship as portrayed in this cartoon:

"Donald visits the house of his new love interest for their first known date. At first Daisy acts shy and has her back turned to her visitor. But Donald soon notices her tailfeathers taking the form of a hand and signaling for him to come closer. But their time alone is soon interrupted by Huey, Dewey, and Louie who have followed their uncle and clearly compete with him for the attention of Daisy. Uncle and nephews take turns dancing the jitterbug with her while trying to get rid of each other. In their final effort the three younger Ducks feed their uncle maize in the process of becoming popcorn. The process is completed within Donald himself who continues to move wildly around the house while maintaining the appearance of dancing. The short ends with an impressed Daisy showering her new lover with red kisses."

Thank goodness for this film and first meeting. I don't know about you all, but I cannot imagine Disney without Donald and Daisy. You can watch the cartoon for yourself here:

Keep those minutes coming, everyone! You never know who will pop in next. Have a great rest of the weekend!

Happy Monday ya'll! I meant to update last week, but the first few days of February were pretty tough ones and I didn't want to be on the computer at all. So here it. Since February 1 I have exercised a total of 319 minutes.
For a daily breakdown, not sure if it's needed, here it is
2/1 - 57
2/5 - 24
2/6 - 30
2/7 - 52
2/8 - 52
2/9 - 72
2/10 - 32

Thanks!

View attachment 301991

Back in South America after a fabulous Antarctica adventure that included getting stuck in pack ice for a couple of days. Here’s a Gentoo penguin picture. They were all around us, passing by most politely.

1200 for me for February. So far 615/1200.

Welcome back, @sophy1996 ! So glad you had a great time. Love the penguin pic!!!! Thank you! I can't wait to show my daughter. How cool that you got to see them in person. Glad to hear they are polite. :rotfl:Got stuck in pack ice, huh? How was that? Have you ever read The Brendan Voyage? There was a fairly harrowing pack ice scene in it, but they were in a replica of a medieval curragh rather than a ship. If you do a trip report for the boards, please let us have the link.

Wow! Lots of color changes!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Congrats to sophy1996 for jumping straight to Passionate Purple upon returning from her big adventure! Also, congrats to tntfamily78 and our TEAM for reaching One and Only Orange!

Goofy and Sylvia think that's something to celebrate!
goofy-3.jpg

Continuing on with the fab 5, Goofy waited a long time to find this love interest. Goofy was first introduced to audiences in 1932's Mickey's Revue, but he didn't meet Sylvia Marpole until An Extremely Goofy Movie was released in 2000.

Oddly, Goofy had a wife in the 1950s and she popped up once in 1977, but she mysteriously disappeared after that and hasn't been spotted again. She is known as Mrs. Goof, Mrs. Geef, and Sweetie Pie. Goofy seems to have made the rounds on the romance circuit since Goofy's son Max is proof that there had to have been one more love interest between Mrs. Goof and Sylvia. However, as far as I can tell, there is no clear answer regarding the identity of Max's mother.

I had trouble finding a clear, full face photo of Mrs. Goof/Geef/Sweetie Pie, so here's the best I could do:

latest

P.S. If anyone here can shed more light on Goofy's mysterious love interests, please feel free to share.

Welcome back, @sophy1996 ! Got stuck in pack ice, huh? How was that? Have you ever read The Brendan Voyage? There was a fairly harrowing pack ice scene in it, but they were in a replica of a medieval curragh rather than a ship.

It was neat seeing ice all around the ship. That was only a couple of days, though. It became more of an issue that once we escaped the grasp of the ice itself, we were in a channel with all exits blocked by ice—for 5 more days, until a favorable wind. Folks started losing patience by day 4 or so (even though we had some nice excursions, including a continental landing). Our itinerary really got messed up by the delay. But that’s Antarctic travel, especially on the east side of the peninsula where we were.

Haven’t read The Brendan Voyage but I’ll have to look for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter