Be Our Guest going back to QS lunch?

Julie Amber

Mouseketeer
We were making dining reservations for our large group in December this week and we reserved Be Our Guest for lunch. We had planned on it being a regular table service since that's what it's been since the park reopened. However, the CM on the phone insisted that it was going to be a quick service when we come. I mean, I'll be happy either way... I'll just be more happy if it's a quick service.

Does anyone out there have any thoughts or insight on this? I know CM's aren't always known for having accurate information, but this one surprised me and I thought I'd see if anyone out there had additional information or thoughts

I highly doubt it will change to quick service. The demand to see inside the castle, will (is) a money maker for Disney.

Phone person was probably wrong. Since COVID, Disney is using a lot more of the Arise phone reps, who get very little training and have almost no info updates pushed to them. (It's an outsource, low pay call center.)

this is one I'd like to keep my eye on - I'd love to eat here but do not want the pre fixe lunch that they currently have

I also would like to see the return of QS lunch there. We don't usually pay cash(directly) for BOG. But if we are on a dining plan we LOVE to eat there. But if Disney balanced the books and full service lunch is making more money, say goodbye to that QS lunch!

Its booked up for my Dec trip. I was able to snag a dinner ADR and then decided I would rather do lunch. Took a week but finally something opened at 2:15 so I grabbed it. I would be fine either way but I really did enjoy their lunch.

Has anyone had their scallops? I was considering them

Its booked up for my Dec trip. I was able to snag a dinner ADR and then decided I would rather do lunch. Took a week but finally something opened at 2:15 so I grabbed it. I would be fine either way but I really did enjoy their lunch.

Has anyone had their scallops? I was considering them
I had the scallops the first time I went. I thought they were great. Very well cooked (not rubbery). Have a great time!

I doubt the beast is making appearances at dinner now but just thought I'd ask if anyone knows for sure. I've never "met" him and really want to but I think my chances are slim to none

He’s there! You can’t get close (social distancing!) but he comes in each dining room and waves/bows

He’s there! You can’t get close (social distancing!) but he comes in each dining room and waves/bows

That's great! Now I just have to decide if it's worth $100 dinner (me and my daughter) of course I would love a pic with him but I knew that wasnt gonna happen (unless I snap a selfie with him in the background lol)

My guess is Disney will try to keep lunch as a pre fixe meal when things start getting back to normal or at least a one TS credit as opposed to QS. Hope I'm wrong.

Maybe they'll at least keep breakfast QS.

Does anyone know about how long the prix fixe meal takes? It’s 3 courses and we’ll be there with kids. I do think it’s interesting that they charge you in advance for the ADR at Cinderella’s Royal Table but there is no advance charge for Be Our Guest and it’s still only the $10 per guest fee if you miss the reservation.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!